User Tag List

First 12

your resident asshole

This is an interesting theory...and I suppose it could shed some more light on function tests and why people tend to score high on both Ne and Ni, both Fi and Fe, etc.

But then again, I don't know exactly why the current functions are ordered the way the are.

Sorry @RaptorWizard. I don't have much of a response.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@RaptorWizard

My Ne is strong, Ni is fairly strong, Ti I'm trying to develop, Te is okay, Fe is very developed, Fi is okay, Si sucks, and Se not the best either.

WALMART

Researching just now, the term "shadow functions" relates directly to this thread. Always a day late and dollar short. Thank you, Linda V. Berens, for affirming the fact that I am on the right track of my studies.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The functions were originally conceived singular. S, N, T and F. When the ego chooses its dominant function and dominant orientation, it pairs them together, and then the other functions and their attitudes fall into place in a reflective manner. But you can still look at them as single functions that lean toward one attitude or the other, but are a little bit on the other side as well. This is what Team technology calls the "Mental Muscles". The archetypal complexes, according to Beebe's model, then show some of the contexts the other side will surface in.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

but for a few questions here... are these functions truly opposite or possibly complementary in a manner in which they can work together?

what if someone has an inborn preference for one function but consciously chooses to embrace and work on another aspect of their personality?

who is to say that there aren't over a million different personality combinations available?

how would different degrees of usage effect the overall personality?

so many questions... so little time
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    but for a few questions here... are these functions truly opposite or possibly complementary in a manner in which they can work together?

what if someone has an inborn preference for one function but consciously chooses to embrace and work on another aspect of their personality?

who is to say that there aren't over a million different personality combinations available?

how would different degrees of usage effect the overall personality?

so many questions... so little time

Functions in this theory aren't opposite, they are very closely coexistent. I suppose one observation I made was a user's self typing as Ne auxiliary and Ni as the absolute last preferred function. I find that impossible, frankly.

I'm at my phone, but I'll write a better response when my internet comes back up.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Functions in this theory aren't opposite, they are very closely coexistent. I suppose one observation I made was a user's self typing as Ne auxiliary and Ni as the absolute last preferred function. I find that impossible, frankly.

I'm at my phone, but I'll write a better response when my internet comes back up.
    you DO realize that people are weirdos and that because of this fact nothing is absolutely impossible don't you?

just threw out these questions because none of the strict function theorists are ever able to explain any of these things in manners I can't poke holes in
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett