Xena's boyfriend Bardsandwarriors's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFp Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Fe is objecting experience to held beliefs.
    What do you mean by "objecting"?
    Neutral good Fi-ENFp 4w3 sp/so 479 gentle spirit, 50yo male. Travels the land seeking a good sig line.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Bardsandwarriors View Post
    What do you mean by "objecting"?

To weigh in contrast of perceived factual information, rather than simply what you intuit to be true.

I think pot makes everyone happy. That is a subjective statement.

Pot has been shown to make 20% of its users report decreased stress levels. That is objective.

Xena's boyfriend Bardsandwarriors's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFp Fi

Pot has been shown to make 20% of its users report decreased stress levels. That is objective.
    So do you mean this quote ^^ would be the information in the Fe matrix in your head, and the mind is comparing the situation with it?

Whereas with Fi, the matrix in your head would say "Pot is good" (or some more complicated version of it), and you would compare the situation with that?
    Neutral good Fi-ENFp 4w3 sp/so 479 gentle spirit, 50yo male. Travels the land seeking a good sig line.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Bardsandwarriors View Post
    So do you mean this quote ^^ would be the information in the Fe matrix in your head, and the mind is comparing the situation with it?

Whereas with Fi, the matrix in your head would say "Pot is good" (or some more complicated version of it), and you would compare the situation with that?

I think of Fi is intuiting how you feel about something without really being sure why, even though you know the confirming bias is present. Things just 'feel' certain ways. Fi is very 'true to self', I suppose you could say.

I think of Fe as rationalizing how you should feel about something based on things outside of your own feelings, pretty much everything opposite of what I just said.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I would say that Fi would be painting the walls of your cell in your own shit as a protest to your being stuck in solitary... Fe would be more likely to play the good prisoner and befriend the guards in order to get moved from solitary instead
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I would say that Fi would be painting the walls of your cell in your own shit as a protest to your being stuck in solitary... Fe would be more likely to play the good prisoner and befriend the guards in order to get moved from solitary instead

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    That's actually pretty accurate. Christ, now all I see in my head is shit all over the walls. Look what you've done!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's actually pretty accurate. Christ, now all I see in my head is shit all over the walls. Look what you've done!
    you're welcome!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    STP

To weigh in contrast of perceived factual information, rather than simply what you intuit to be true.

I think pot makes everyone happy. That is a subjective statement.

"Pot seems to lower stress levels in some people" is subjective

"Pot has been shown to cause 20% of its users to have lower stres levels" is objective

Your first subjective statement is not a good example. Its taking extremes, where as the second one isnt. It skews peoples perception of subjective vs objective. Why use inaccurate subjective analysis and accurate objective analysis? As if one cant be somewhat accurate while being subjective.

I am extremely subjective and one thing that causes my head to explode is when my son wants "accurate" numbers. I dont know, 20%, 30%, 40%, 31.387467%. I dont care about accurate numbers for most things. 52% vs 48% has NO majority in my opinion. they are to close...now ask me to say exactly what number is not "to close" and I dont know. I am not that exacting nor do I care to be. That close to me is a crap shot and I dont really care which way things go.

Short story...my brother dropped me and my son off at the store(we left my car there earlier) and we bought a battery charger then left. We pulled up to my parents driveway and my son asked if my brother was home, when I said yes, "he asked how long has he been home...5 minutes"...I replied I dont know..."he replied around 5 minutes?"...ME: "I have no clue"..."between 5-10?"..."I dont know...why?"..."just curious"..."why?"..."just curious!!!"...."why?"..."just curious...STOP". We have so many of these conversation. Have the same convos with an INFP friend..."so you think?"...I dont know..."if you think about it, dont you think"..."I dont know"..."well I think its such and such, dont you think"..."*laugh*"..."what was that for?"..."because I answered I dont know so many times yet you ask the same exact question over and over. you want me to just make up something?"..."sure"..."50 million"
    Im out, its been fun

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    "Pot seems to lower stress levels in some people" is subjective

"Pot has been shown to cause 20% of its users to have lower stres levels" is objective

Your first subjective statement is not a good example. Its taking extremes, where as the second one isnt. It skews peoples perception of subjective vs objective. Why use inaccurate subjective analysis and accurate objective analysis? As if one cant be somewhat accurate while being subjective.

I am extremely subjective and one thing that causes my head to explode is when my son wants "accurate" numbers. I dont know, 20%, 30%, 40%, 31.387467%. I dont care about accurate numbers for most things. 52% vs 48% has NO majority in my opinion. they are to close...now ask me to say exactly what number is not "to close" and I dont know. I am not that exacting nor do I care to be. That close to me is a crap shot and I dont really care which way things go.

The second also is Te. I thought about fixing it, but decided I didn't really care enough to. My other posts do a better job at the thread's objective.