User Tag List

First 123 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Well, I have attempted to play Ne Reindeer games with you, and you are game for enjoying what I say... but you don't join in like I am used to. So that is why I thought you were ISTP instead.

I r too serious, and rarely in my true element. I am pretty settled on ISTP.

I mean... fucking Han Solo.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I r too serious, and rarely in my true element. I am pretty settled on ISTP.

I mean... fucking Han Solo.
    I know!! I have had a crush on that man since I first saw those glorious movies. ISTPs are the sex. Rock it, my friend. Rock it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Ime,

ISTPs tend to be more ''cool''. INTPs tend to be more eloquent.

INTPs love to play with words, ISTPs tend to get annoyed with that.

ISTPs tend to be street smarts. INTPs tend to be book smarts.

ISTPs tend to be more sx, while INTPs tend to be more sp.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Ime,

ISTPs tend to be more ''cool''. INTPs tend to be more eloquent.

INTPs love to play with words, ISTPs tend to get annoyed with that.

ISTPs tend to be street smarts. INTPs tend to be book smarts.

ISTPs tend to be more sx, while INTPs tend to be more sp.

Good list.

Once, when attempting to discern the difference for me, a question was asked: "Physical labor - yay or nay?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Once, when attempting to discern the difference for me, a question was asked: "Physical labor - yay or nay?"

Heh. Interesting.

Riva

Regargding the Ne Se difference - from what I have noticed of xnts and xstps - Ne deals with the environment/peope and converstions using/enjoying imagination, whereas Se is more focused/get-it-done and therefore less likely to explore imagination and more likely to be goal oriented in doing things and conversations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Well, I have attempted to play Ne Reindeer games with you
    This Ne.

Permabanned

ISTPs are sensation seekers INTPs are Idea seekers.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Below are brief descriptions of the INTP and ISTP personality types.

INTP - Designer Theorizer

The theme for INTPs is designing and configuring.

Talents lie in grasping the underlying principles of something and defining its essential qualities.

Seek to define precisely and bring coherence to systems based on the pattern of organization that is naturally there.

Easily notice inconsistencies.

Enjoy elegant theories and models for their own sake and for use in solving technical and human problems.

Interested in theorizing, analyzing, and learning.

Thrive on exploring, understanding, and explaining how the world works.

source - http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/INTP.cfm
    ISTP - Analyzer Operator

The theme for the ISTP is action-driven problem solving.

Talents lie in operating all kinds of tools and instruments and using frameworks for solving problems.

Keen observers of the environment, they are a storehouse of data and facts relevant to analyzing and solving problems.

Thrive on challenging situations and having the freedom to craft clever solutions and do whatever it takes to fix things and make them work.

Take pride in their skill and virtuosity, which they seem to effortlessly acquire.

source - http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/ISTP.cfm
    Which box do you believe based on this information to be a better fit for yourself?

Also if you want I can go more in depth and post what brain processes the 2 types prefer!

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Below are brief descriptions of the INTP and ISTP personality types.

Which box do you believe based on this information to be a better fit for yourself?

Also if you want I can go more in depth and post what brain processes the 2 types prefer!

Both =\

It'd be cool to have that in writing for reference, if you wouldn't mind. Perhaps in the future it'll help someone else out too!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I also find this information to be detailed yet possibly more highly relevant to describing INTPs and ISTPs.

INTP Theme

For Designer Theorizers, life is a process of becoming an expert. And they almost never feel quite expert enough. They enjoy reflecting on how things work, why they work that way, and what makes them not work and then really solving a problem, not just fixing it for now. They also enjoy generating ideas and seeing new patterns and elegant connections. These new connections activate their talent for design and continual redesign. The clarity they bring to defining problems as well as words helps them go straight to the essence of a problem, a situation, or a concept.

Their thought processes seem random, yet they are logically coherent. It is as if they hold a matrix in their minds with multiple connections, and their conceptualization and design work often involves crossing the arbitrary boundaries of thought and disciplines to activate the imagination and picture the patterns. Making discoveries is a better form of nourishment than food, for without these, their intellect would starve. These are the people who reflect on the process of thinking itself and seek to produce an elegant design to solve social as well as technical problems. Flashes of insight truly energize them.

In the interpersonal realm, they also engineer connections—connecting people with new ideas and information and sometimes with others. For being such basically solitary people, they have a surprising ability to network people with people, usually around expertise. They know who knows what and how well.

Their most satisfying relationships often come from sharing knowledge. Even then, they frequently detach to analyze a situation or problem before re-engaging. Others often misread this detachment as not caring, when often the analysis and problem solving are done on behalf of the other person.

They often say they struggle with attending to the physical world—like filing papers, dealing with repairs, deciding what to wear, or maintaining their own bodies. Even more, finding the right words to use to convey their clarity of thought often eludes them.

source - http://www.careerplanner.com/Berens-...ationships.cfm
    ISTP Theme

For Analyzer Operators, life is a process of actively solving problems. They enjoy observing how things work, figuring out the best way to solve whatever problem is at hand. That problem might be as basic as fixing something broken or as extensive as heart surgery or starting a business. They have a talent for figuring out what tools to use and the best approach to take to accomplish something. They want to do it so it works the first time and hate having to rework something.

They need to be independent, to do things on their own or to be free to not do them. To not have the freedom to act on their hunches or intuitions is a fate worse than death since it means not using their tactical, problem-solving talent.

Naturally curious, they seek to understand a situation, frequently analyzing and taking things apart to figure out how they work. Then they quickly grasp the most expedient solution, one that will fix it. Once they figure out the immediate next step, they want to move on it, see what happens, and then move on to the next challenge. Others see the fearless, just-do-it attitude and miss the analysis behind the scenes.

Their thought processes tend to be analytical and observational. They quickly scan the environment for inconsistencies, changes, and new information. Then they adapt and work around whatever obstacles appear. And they rarely work on just one thing at a time. No theory or explanation is accepted as the “truth” as there are always more discoveries to make, ways to do it better. They enjoy sharing those discoveries, showing others the techniques that work and the shortcuts that keep things simple. They don’t like change just for change sake, but they do like variety.

In the interpersonal arena, they like to help people solve problems and frequently are called on for help in fixing things. They engage more by doing things with those they care about than by expressions of feeling.

For the most part, they go to great lengths to keep situations on an even keel, to not offend. They sometimes absorb emotional experiences that can often have a very powerful effect on them. This can be unsettling until they can detach enough to figure it all out.

source - http://www.careerplanner.com/Berens-...ationships.cfm