User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

  1. #1
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default There are so many crappy tests around

    Ok, let's say I'm an extraverted bachelor's student who makes time for solitary work as well as teamwork. Let's say I schedule some of my time with high level goals, and at some times I just relax and try to forget my studies. I do some detailed work and some big picture work. Other work requires technical skills, other stuff needs imagination. I save and spend money like anyone else there's stuff I like and stuff like hate, as with any person on earth. All in all like an average guy with some personal traits and such. You know the thing.

    So, here I answer as truthfully as possible to some tests, and there's results:

    -one tests tells I'm some fluffy puffy feel-good soul who's too sensitive for this world
    -according to another test, I'm some adventurous daredevil
    -yet another tells I'm an achiever who strives for everone else's acceptance through hard work
    -some test tells I'm antagonistic and plan-driven, bit of an individualist
    -other test paints me as a some shrewd social networker and an entertainer

    I'm saying, fuck it. Just fuck it.

    Not one of these tests offer a hint of insight to my person I don't already have.

    So, what's up with these shitty goddamned tests and why have I even bothered to do any of them in the first place? What a waste of time. At least I know to concentrate more on something useful. A goddamned book on computer languages would be more useful.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    100% correct Mr.Santtu.

    A lot of people just like to answer the tests in the way they would like to be in order to get told what they want to hear about themselves, and then use that test as 'proof' of their 'personality'. 99% of this stuff is pretentious bullshit. I try to find the useful 1% and laugh at the rest of it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    "Fuck it" indeed.

    The tests can't tell you anything you don't already know. If you take these tests with the idea that they will ultimately give you new insights into your personality you will always come away disappointed. The test results are merely a regurgitation of your input.

    If for example your Myers-Briggs type is ENTJ it's ENTJ because, stereotypically, that's the one that fit your responses to the test better than the others. Nothing more and nothing less.

  4. #4
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    100% correct Mr.Santtu.

    A lot of people just like to answer the tests in the way they would like to be in order to get told what they want to hear about themselves, and then use that test as 'proof' of their 'personality'. 99% of this stuff is pretentious bullshit. I try to find the useful 1% and laugh at the rest of it.
    Exactly. Whenever I feel like I'm a certain type or I feel like I want to be a certain type, I score as it on tests. I'm willing to bet a lot of people on here aren't actually N's.

  5. #5
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    "Fuck it" indeed.

    The tests can't tell you anything you don't already know. If you take these tests with the idea that they will ultimately give you new insights into your personality you will always come away disappointed. The test results are merely a regurgitation of your input.

    If for example your Myers-Briggs type is ENTJ it's ENTJ because, stereotypically, that's the one that fit your responses to the test better than the others. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Just take good ones and answer truthfully.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  6. #6
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I try to find the useful 1% and laugh at the rest of it.
    The best 1% is actually pretty helpful. Just rare enough no-one can find new stuff like that every day.

    But yeah, stuff for laughs never gets old =)

  7. #7
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    The best 1% is actually pretty helpful. Just rare enough no-one can find new stuff like that every day.

    But yeah, stuff for laughs never gets old =)
    Like enneagram - I learned a lot about myself not so much just by the test result but by digging behind what it all meant and how certain things manifested in my life.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. [so] Does typology really appeal to so many so-lasts?
    By Psyclepath in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-14-2017, 10:45 PM
  2. [INFP] Why are there so many INFPs here...
    By rooo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 11:04 PM
  3. [E4] Why are there so many 4s here?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 03:44 AM
  4. How many kinds of people do you think there are in the world?
    By PeaceBaby in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
  5. How Machiavellian are you? (MACH IV test)
    By Economica in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO