User Tag List

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default There are so many crappy tests around

Ok, let's say I'm an extraverted bachelor's student who makes time for solitary work as well as teamwork. Let's say I schedule some of my time with high level goals, and at some times I just relax and try to forget my studies. I do some detailed work and some big picture work. Other work requires technical skills, other stuff needs imagination. I save and spend money like anyone else there's stuff I like and stuff like hate, as with any person on earth. All in all like an average guy with some personal traits and such. You know the thing.

So, here I answer as truthfully as possible to some tests, and there's results:

-one tests tells I'm some fluffy puffy feel-good soul who's too sensitive for this world
    -according to another test, I'm some adventurous daredevil
    -yet another tells I'm an achiever who strives for everone else's acceptance through hard work
    -some test tells I'm antagonistic and plan-driven, bit of an individualist
    -other test paints me as a some shrewd social networker and an entertainer

I'm saying, fuck it. Just fuck it.

Not one of these tests offer a hint of insight to my person I don't already have.

So, what's up with these shitty goddamned tests and why have I even bothered to do any of them in the first place? What a waste of time. At least I know to concentrate more on something useful. A goddamned book on computer languages would be more useful.

MBTI
    xxTP

100% correct Mr.Santtu.

A lot of people just like to answer the tests in the way they would like to be in order to get told what they want to hear about themselves, and then use that test as 'proof' of their 'personality'. 99% of this stuff is pretentious bullshit. I try to find the useful 1% and laugh at the rest of it.

"Fuck it" indeed.

The tests can't tell you anything you don't already know. If you take these tests with the idea that they will ultimately give you new insights into your personality you will always come away disappointed. The test results are merely a regurgitation of your input.

If for example your Myers-Briggs type is ENTJ it's ENTJ because, stereotypically, that's the one that fit your responses to the test better than the others. Nothing more and nothing less.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    100% correct Mr.Santtu.

A lot of people just like to answer the tests in the way they would like to be in order to get told what they want to hear about themselves, and then use that test as 'proof' of their 'personality'. 99% of this stuff is pretentious bullshit. I try to find the useful 1% and laugh at the rest of it.
    Exactly. Whenever I feel like I'm a certain type or I feel like I want to be a certain type, I score as it on tests. I'm willing to bet a lot of people on here aren't actually N's.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    "Fuck it" indeed.

The tests can't tell you anything you don't already know. If you take these tests with the idea that they will ultimately give you new insights into your personality you will always come away disappointed. The test results are merely a regurgitation of your input.

If for example your Myers-Briggs type is ENTJ it's ENTJ because, stereotypically, that's the one that fit your responses to the test better than the others. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Just take good ones and answer truthfully.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I try to find the useful 1% and laugh at the rest of it.
    The best 1% is actually pretty helpful. Just rare enough no-one can find new stuff like that every day.

But yeah, stuff for laughs never gets old =)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    The best 1% is actually pretty helpful. Just rare enough no-one can find new stuff like that every day.

But yeah, stuff for laughs never gets old =)
    Like enneagram - I learned a lot about myself not so much just by the test result but by digging behind what it all meant and how certain things manifested in my life.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639