User Tag List

12 Last

Default Are some personality types at higher risk of dying during a natural disaster?

Natural disaster: Earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, floods, storms,...

Do you guys think that some personality types tend to become victims of natural disasters easily?

Many people have died this days (Sandy), what are the common personality types of the victims?
    Note that we were warned about the impact of Sandy and still it seems many people were hanging out in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I guess that XNXX are probaby not among the victims.
    Any feedback?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I would not be surprised if the worst fears of the unknown including destruction and death the ISFJs hold within come to fruition upon their fates in the face of chaos and catastrophe.

your resident asshole

Well, on the flip side. I'd say that ESP's would be the most likely to survive a natural disaster due to their quick thinking and observations relating to the environment.

garbage

In order to answer this question, we need to figure out which types God hates the most. They're probably correlated.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

On the enneagram side of things, I'd say 6's are most likely to prepare for natural disasters and see it coming. At the same time, I think a 6, particularly a phobic six is prone to freeze in the face of disaster, not sure what to do and end up not acting at all. So, I suppose it evens itself out.

I think the most likely type to die would be the one that's overly reckless or overly stubborn as in the case of I refuse to evacuate. I live here, this is where I will stay.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    In order to answer this question, we need to figure out which types God hates the most. They're probably correlated.
    I don't think God is too fond of INTP 5w6s.
    INtp
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Well, on the flip side. I'd say that ESP's would be the most likely to survive a natural disaster due to their quick thinking and observations relating to the environment.
    Yeah, but I also think this type would be the most prone to recklessness in the face of disaster which could work against them. I guess maybe the quick thinking and recklessness cancel each other out?

I think ultimately it comes down to who God likes best.
    INtp
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    Natural disaster: Earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, floods, storms,...

Do you guys think that some personality types tend to become victims of natural disasters easily?

Many people have died this days (Sandy), what are the common personality types of the victims?
    Note that we were warned about the impact of Sandy and still it seems many people were hanging out in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I guess that XNXX are probaby not among the victims.
    Any feedback?
    This is such a strange question that it makes me think you MUST be trolling us.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

It also depends who surrounds them too. Although, I've known some SFJs who refuse anything that correlates with their opinion.

"I'm staying here, this is my home, this is where I lived for 10 years and I'm not moving out because of some goddamn tornado! God will protect me!" said Joe to his 2 sons who were hopelessly trying to convince their 50-year-old pa to leave the area. This was the point where they finally realized that he is too stubborn to listen to reason. They looked at him with disappointment and sadness in their eyes, realizing that this could be the last time they're seeing him. They turned around and walked to their car in a slow pace. The driver stopped for a second to look at his pa again before getting into the car, a tear was coming down his cheek. "C'mon Alex!" said his brother.

Joe watched them driving away with an angry expression on his face, thinking that he's right to stay where, as he calls it, he belongs. He's angry, because his sons left him alone, even though he raised them the best he could to reflect his irrational and strong personality. He begins to realize that he didn't do a good job raising them, but suddenly he floods his mind with happy thoughts to bury the negative feeling and continue ignoring the reality and the need to deal with the real situation - a huge tornado coming by to say hello in a few hours. "By the time the tornado comes, I'm gonna be drinkin' beer and watchin' a game." Joe thought, shut the door and headed towards the fridge.

The end.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

We can only speculate. I'll start:

NFs, because many of them would interpret the hurricane as a sign that the God of Wind is demanding human sacrifices.