User Tag List

123 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default P's, how clean/neat/organized are you?

I'm tentatively a "j." I'm a pretty clean, neat, and organized person. I have a place for everything, and try to keep things in their places. I like the aesthetic of looking at organized objects. My room is almost always neat and clean, aside from the occasional small pile of things like not-yet-dirty clothes or books. Aesthetically I'm a minimalist, and I dislike clutter. I love a clean kitchen, and dirty showers disgust me. I usually don't keep things spotless, but the non-spotless-ness really bothers me. I feel like I can't think clearly if my environment is a mess. And if my things are disorganized I start feeling panicky, like my life is getting out of control.

My ISFP (?) mom is the opposite. She has no sense of how to decorate a house and hoards all kinds of things. It drives me crazy. I'm constantly trying to tidy up and throw out her junk. My INFP former roommate was a slob. My ISFP guy is pretty neat, but his room is still kind of full of stuff and not very feng shui.

I know most P's probably aren't slobs and most people like it when things are clean, but I wondered exactly how clean P's really are.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Most of the time.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Most of the time.
    That's like the most vague response ever. lol

Edit: Ok maybe not, and I just think too much.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    That's like the most vague response ever. lol

Edit: Ok maybe not, and I just think too much.
    yeah that was pretty vague actually lol. I'm a perceiver but I know some things have to be done (thoughh sometimes stuff like laundry piles up). I could be catatonic for hours and contemplate on one thing though..

Pretty sure there's a few STJs in my family.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Most of the time is about right.

I'm not too tidy/clean spaced.. I love looking at pictures of empty spaces, and minimalist mentalities, but it isn't in my personality to have so few items. I have a very hodge-podge bohemian vibe to what I own, so my spaces aren't very clear of general clutter (i.e. lots of posters and crap hanging from my wall, my wardrobe is full of useless items and articles, etc.)

What I am, however, is very sanitary. Dust gets dusted up, floors are swept/vacuumed and cleaned, laundry is washed frequently, sheets are changed accordingly, deep cleaning happens frequently enough. I am very on it as far as sanitation goes.. No dirty dishes get left for days or anything crazy like that, and I maintain the items I own.

Things are generally organized, I like having a clear floor, and things to be cleaned up looking and manageable. Where I fail, many times, is my ability to manage my time for it if anything piles up. I'll unpack from a trip, and the stuff will sit on the bed on the side for like.. two weeks straight. It's not unsanitary, so I don't deem it too important until something else shakes it up (i.e. I need to wash my sheets and all that stuff is in the way.. or a friend is coming over and I need room for them to sit..) and makes it a priority.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm the most organized person I know.
    It took me 5 years of CBT to become so.
    If I am to live up to my MBTI reputation as a master of reality, I need to have the tools of my trade available at a moment's notice.
    Organization has helped me accomplish this portion of my life's purpose, but there is much more to do, and I am young.

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I'm pretty oblivious of my environment. I basically binge and purge when it comes ot neatness. Ill do a massive clean out, promis myself to keep it neat. Then one shirt of the floor becomes two and on and on this it s a sty again. I've never really had places for anything. My only really drive to have things look good is for others

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My INFP boyfriend is a lot tidier than I am in organizing tangible things, like his living space, his clothes, his computer desktop and files. These are always perfectly orderly. I'm a J but my physical space is a mess. However, I am much more concerned about cleanliness. Things can be a messy but they have to be clean and germ-free, so you will never see unwashed dishes piling up. I'm also much more direction-oriented when it comes to planning ahead and preparing for the future.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm the most organized person I know.
    It took me 5 years of CBT to become so.
    If I am to live up to my MBTI reputation as a master of reality, I need to have the tools of my trade avaialable at a moment's notice.
    Organization has helped me accomplish this portion of my life's purpose, but there is much more to do, and I am young.

-Halla74
    I hope that in this case CBT stands for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, rather than its other meaning Cock and Ball Torture, which brings an image to mind of someone kicking you in the balls every time you forgot an appointment or brought the wrong groceries.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Most of the time.
    Yeah, this is pretty accurate for me as well. I'm generally a neat person. However, if I get stressed or over committed, then "straightening up" is one of the first things to get cut. I agree with @ about being sanitary as well. I've always said there is a difference between neat and dirty. You can have a neat house that is terribly dirty. For example, all your towels can be folded nicely (neat) and you still have mold in your shower (dirty).

That being said, I actually think being neat/un-neat has very little to do with being J or P. Seems like being Je is about feeling a strong need to structure one's external world. This need for external structures may or may not translate into personal clutter.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀