User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P's, how clean/neat/organized are you?

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I suspect there may not be as much correlation between J/P and neat/messy as people like to think. I'm quite neat and clean and I'm a P. Okay, my P is weak but I do know people with a stronger P preference who are even neater than I am, like Adrian Monk neat. Conversely, I know some strong J types who have very messy desks, who hardly ever throw anything out and don't consider it an important priority to organize their stuff. I've seen too many exceptions to the clean = J and messy = P for it to be a reliable indicator of type.
    I do think there is a correlation, but I agree it's not nearly as strong as people think. Quite interesting how these things work. I had that stereotype in my mind, and then I thought about it and realized it was just a stereotype and the truth was probably somewhere in the middle; so I created the thread to find out what that looked like. I'm guessing developed Te and Se would be responsible for the external organization of tangible things. Or it could just be not too related to type and I'm overthinking it (as usual).
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    im not messy, as in throwing food on my lap when eating or pouring juice on table. when it comes to organizing, i keep things in their correct places, i have a spot for my headphones, phone, tea mug on my computer desk, i keep spices on same spots etc. and know exactly where everything is. but on the other hand i do have 5 empty bags of potato chips behind me at the moment(and under them one plate) and i dont mind cat puke on the floor if its not somewhere where im walking on
    That sounds good except for the cat puke. Ew? haha Although I confess I might stick my head in the sand and avoid cleaning up something gross now and then. But it would bother me a lot. I have peanut butter on the inside of one of my car doors right now, and I can't bring myself to clean it. But the car was generally musty and dusty when I got it, and it needs a thorough cleaning anyway. That's what it is, it seems like a big task I would want to be really thorough with and don't think I have the time for. (And peanut butter is relatively non-perishable anyway...)

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

Senior Member Array Porcelain Hearts's Avatar

I'm best at categorizing or organizing things to efficiency. And I can carry that on for a length of time until time is under stress, then zero fucks will in turn be given. I'm 80-90% perceiving. I do think I'm an expert at organizing clothes and desktop folders though. : D