User Tag List

First 123 Last

Very interesting responses. Since I've been mostly described as an INTP, I'm gonna comment about me.

I like space - which means that I don't like having stuff that I don't need. I see keeping old things that you don't use as impractical, space-consuming, reasonless. For some reason, it even feels good after cleaning up the stuff that I don't need anymore.

Dishes would pile up for a couple of days until I'd unleash the power of washing machine over them.

Clothes would be in the washing machine likely as soon as there'd be enough to fill it up - it only takes a few minutes to set it up and a bunch of smelly clothes lying around isn't good for comfort (smell...?) nor for health.

I don't dust often. The things that I use don't get dusty and cleaning the dust off the top of my PC case and my monitor isn't dusting.

Since I don't like having useless stuff, there isn't many things lying around. Things get untidy on my desk, but I organize them from time to time. And besides, I don't keep much clutter here. When cooking, I put things back where they were - why keep food I don't eat out in the open? It'll annoy me the next time I'll be cooking since I won't need, for example, flour.

I do organize my files from time to time, but they do tend to get disorganized if I add lots of new stuff. Most often that happens when I'm frustrated due to my PC being slow or crashing and I "just want to get on with it." That happens quite often.

Unlike my family members, I always clean my hands after eating something that gets them dirty (grease, sauce, apple juice after eating one, etc.). By that I mean that I never touch anything until they are clean. I find that very disgusting. In fact, I don't even wet the door handles after washing my hands - I want them dry the next time I'm gonna use it. And anyway, usually I eat clean - I don't drop sauce on my shirt, table, etc., my plate is only dirty where the food was, I avoid getting my first and the location around my mouth dirty... Most of the people that I've met so far doesn't seem to mind it at all. The ISTJs seem to mind it - some of it they avoid, some of it they clean instantly, some of it they don't mind. (that goes as far as cooking and eating, don't apply this to other activities )

I'm not sure what function(s) my actions may reflect...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

My answer would depend on what I'm talking about.

Most of my stuff is just strewn around the house, but as the importance of the item/area increases they become more neat/clean.

My room is immaculate, with my manga shelf and knife collection being nearly obsessively well kept.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I like organization, but I seriously need more space for my stuff.Perhaps once I start living alone I'll be able to be more organized.

I like being functional though; so if leaving a lot of papers on the table are going to help me save time & not forget stuff, I'll leave them there, regardless of aesthetics.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I hope that in this case CBT stands for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, rather than its other meaning Cock and Ball Torture, which brings an image to mind of someone kicking you in the balls every time you forgot an appointment or brought the wrong groceries.
    Greetings, Supreme High Commander!!!
    Yes, Sir; CBT in my case is indeed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
    However, if I do not behave Mrs. Halla74 will Godsmack me, and make cock and ball torture seem like a walk in the park.

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Very interesting responses. Since I've been mostly described as an INTP, I'm gonna comment about me.

I like space - which means that I don't like having stuff that I don't need. I see keeping old things that you don't use as impractical, space-consuming, reasonless. For some reason, it even feels good after cleaning up the stuff that I don't need anymore.

Dishes would pile up for a couple of days until I'd unleash the power of washing machine over them.

Clothes would be in the washing machine likely as soon as there'd be enough to fill it up - it only takes a few minutes to set it up and a bunch of smelly clothes lying around isn't good for comfort (smell...?) nor for health.

I don't dust often. The things that I use don't get dusty and cleaning the dust off the top of my PC case and my monitor isn't dusting.

Since I don't like having useless stuff, there isn't many things lying around. Things get untidy on my desk, but I organize them from time to time. And besides, I don't keep much clutter here. When cooking, I put things back where they were - why keep food I don't eat out in the open? It'll annoy me the next time I'll be cooking since I won't need, for example, flour.

I do organize my files from time to time, but they do tend to get disorganized if I add lots of new stuff. Most often that happens when I'm frustrated due to my PC being slow or crashing and I "just want to get on with it." That happens quite often.

Unlike my family members, I always clean my hands after eating something that gets them dirty (grease, sauce, apple juice after eating one, etc.). By that I mean that I never touch anything until they are clean. I find that very disgusting. In fact, I don't even wet the door handles after washing my hands - I want them dry the next time I'm gonna use it. And anyway, usually I eat clean - I don't drop sauce on my shirt, table, etc., my plate is only dirty where the food was, I avoid getting my first and the location around my mouth dirty... Most of the people that I've met so far doesn't seem to mind it at all. The ISTJs seem to mind it - some of it they avoid, some of it they clean instantly, some of it they don't mind. (that goes as far as cooking and eating, don't apply this to other activities )

I'm not sure what function(s) my actions may reflect...
    It just means you have OCD.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Which part?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm tentatively a "j." I'm a pretty clean, neat, and organized person. I have a place for everything, and try to keep things in their places.
    I'm mostly that way myself. Most things of mine have a place. A few items don't or I change my mind as to the most suitable place for the item.

I like the aesthetic of looking at organized objects. My room is almost always neat and clean, aside from the occasional small pile of things like not-yet-dirty clothes or books.
    Same here

Aesthetically I'm a minimalist, and I dislike clutter.
    Yep.

I love a clean kitchen, and dirty showers disgust me.
    Yep. Dirty is gross.

I usually don't keep things spotless, but the non-spotless-ness really bothers me. I feel like I can't think clearly if my environment is a mess.
    I'm not totally spotless either and I have my little piles of things here in there. I can tolerate a little clutter but if there is too much physical clutter around me, it does affect my ability to work efficiently. I once had to share an office with someone who kept a very messy workplace. I had trouble just finding some of the basic desk supplies that I needed to do my job. That was very annoying.

And if my things are disorganized I start feeling panicky, like my life is getting out of control.
    I don't think I exactly feel like my life is getting out of control, at least not to a great degree. It's more about feeling inefficient and unproductive. And things don't look as nice either.

I suspect there may not be as much correlation between J/P and neat/messy as people like to think. I'm quite neat and clean and I'm a P. Okay, my P is weak but I do know people with a stronger P preference who are even neater than I am, like Adrian Monk neat. Conversely, I know some strong J types who have very messy desks, who hardly ever throw anything out and don't consider it an important priority to organize their stuff. I've seen too many exceptions to the clean = J and messy = P for it to be a reliable indicator of type.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    What @Typoz said sounds pretty normal to me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Almost as neat as I need to be. I think I could stand to be more tidy with my life. Would help things to go a bit more smoothly and would be more pleasant, but I am still working on it. I go through cycles, every couple days, of gathering up clothes, cups, etc from my room and straightening everything out. That is my strategy.

People who put everything away the instant they are finished using it kind of seem like miracles to me.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I am much more concerned about cleanliness. Things can be a messy but they have to be clean and germ-free, so you will never see unwashed dishes piling up. I'm also much more direction-oriented when it comes to planning ahead and preparing for the future.
    Same here. If it's clean, not in my way, not too messy and I know how to find it when I want it, it usually stays as is. When I have a goal or long-term plans, I'm extremely organized in planning and execution. I really dislike leaving things to chance.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

im not messy, as in throwing food on my lap when eating or pouring juice on table. when it comes to organizing, i keep things in their correct places, i have a spot for my headphones, phone, tea mug on my computer desk, i keep spices on same spots etc. and know exactly where everything is. but on the other hand i do have 5 empty bags of potato chips behind me at the moment(and under them one plate) and i dont mind cat puke on the floor if its not somewhere where im walking on
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read