User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    MBTI rests on rather shaky foundations not because of the validity of the theory in and of itself
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    MBTI is the "scientific" version of the theories where as most of the current alternatives (more academic ones like FFM and IPIP) you referred to are relatively theory-agnostic, preferring factor analysis or similar bias-free foundations.
    I think you have that backwards.

I think it's a bad idea to do this, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I think you have that backwards.
    I'm not sure I understanding what you are referring to, could you highlight the part I have backwards?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Salomé why do you think Typology lacks validity?

I think it has plenty of validity as the different brain patterns all types display have been empirically measured via EEGs by Dario Nardi.

I suppose it is a question of whether you value facts or reason more.

According to the rules of logic Typology may not make sense within an internally constructed mental monument though it could be proven experimentally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^It has failed to be, thus far. It's more of a toy than a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I'm not sure I understanding what you are referring to, could you highlight the part I have backwards?
    FFM has more scientific support than MBTI (does anyone even take the latter seriously outside the US?)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't see the issue. Typology is nothing more than summarizing your traits. Those traits are already being used for you and against you by your lovers (if you have any) and employers (same). The danger isn't really in using it, but in misinterpreting its significance. For instance, an employer who thinks only INTJs can do a job (like be a murderer) or who doesn't understand that typology is a crude summary of your traits rather than a complete inventory, or confuse intelligence and typology. Am I worried? No, because I don't think typology is that popular, partly because of the limitations mentioned above.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Astrology has more validity and is more useful. And works the same way.

But MBTI is useful to the degree that an individual fits a type or several. Recognizing type associated qualities within oneself can help identify strengths and weaknesses, and corresponding advice can help enhance strengths and develop weaknesses. It can help identify trends and work with them, once again to the degree that the individuals in question fit their type/s. It's a tool, not a truth.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I don't see the issue. Typology is nothing more than summarizing your traits. Those traits are already being used for you and against you by your lovers (if you have any) and employers (same). The danger isn't really in using it, but in misinterpreting its significance. For instance, an employer who thinks only INTJs can do a job (like be a murderer) or who doesn't understand that typology is a crude summary of your traits rather than a complete inventory, or confuse intelligence and typology. Am I worried? No, because I don't think typology is that popular, partly because of the limitations mentioned above.
    You're not worried because you know there are a whole bunch of other reasons you'd be disqualified for any proper job before it got around to questions of type. Like the fact that you're retarded.

I think lazy employers will use computers to make hiring / promotion decisions based on stuff like this (not MBTI but similar) and in fact, already do.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You're not worried because you know there are a whole bunch of other reasons you'd be disqualified for any proper job before it got around to questions of type. Like the fact that you're retarded.
    "HAI EVERYONE I MADE POOP IN DA TOILET"

"I think we're done here."

I think lazy employers will use computers to make hiring / promotion decisions based on stuff like this (not MBTI but similar) and in fact, already do.
    NOBODY MOVE

SHE HAS A LINK

AND ITS FROM THE INTERNET

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It's worse than that. (Which you'd know if you weren't such a lazy bastard and clicked the link).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's worse than that. (Which you'd know if you weren't such a lazy bastard and clicked the link).
    I saw it, but I didn't see any mention about the frequency of personality tests being used (exclusively). I saw one reference in Jiggley's post, but that's it. Yours didn't have none.