First 12

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by justsayin View Post
    Can anyone point me to some good resources for figuring out a child's type?

Or...anyone want to take a guess at the characteristics of my son?
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/kid_portraits.html this can maybe help

Basically i don't know what is the age of your son, but there are stages of development. I think first thing that you can see is his dominant function from age 5-6. I think aux is developing around age 10. I'm nto sure about this numbers i read an article about it with an example of an INFJ developing long time ago.

EDIT:
    found an article: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/development.html

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    I'd take a shot at it, sounds interesting :P I/E is probably the easiest to gauge in your child, btw, since disorganized play and social behavior in children can make their psychology difficult to understand from an adult pov, but energy levels in regards to people/activites/things can be more self-evident.
    I disagree. I was very extroverted when I was young, but now I'm more introverted than most introverts (partly due to my shyness).

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    I disagree. I was very extroverted when I was young, but now I'm more introverted than most introverts (partly due to my shyness).
    Do you think you could just be a shy extravert?

If not, then perhaps you really weren't as extraverted as you might have thought. There was a period of time where I was doubting whether or not I was an introvert because I didn't relate to the whole "needing time to recharge" and "being drained by people" sort of thing. So I began to think about it and I came up with the idea that I was actually an extravert when I was younger. Looking back, I can see that this was definitely not the case and it was almost silly to even think so. I could even ask my family members and they still wouldn't have called me an extravert.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Do you think you could just be a shy extravert?

If not, then perhaps you really weren't as extraverted as you might have thought. There was a period of time where I was doubting whether or not I was an introvert because I didn't relate to the whole "needing time to recharge" and "being drained by people" sort of thing. So I began to think about it and I came up with the idea that I was actually an extravert when I was younger. Looking back, I can see that this was definitely not the case and it was almost silly to even think so. I could even ask my family members and they still wouldn't have called me an extravert.
    No, I'm definitely an introvert, because I need excessive amounts of time alone and I can't think as we'll with other people around. When I was younger, I was extroverted in the sense that I was very friendly, energetic, and outgoing in public, but now I'm only like that when I'm with my friends.

Besides, look at my cognitive functions (in my signature).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    I had noticed that a lot of introverts seemed more “outgoing” when young, but as they get older, and life starts getting to them, their true preference comes out, and they withdraw more.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My daughter seemed extroverted as a young child, but since about 5th grade or so has started seeming more introverted. I would have sworn she was an ENFP if you asked me to nail it down when she was little. Now I'd say INFP or INFJ.

Just a quibble, though- introvert /= withdrawn.