User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Why are there fewer ENTJs and ENFJs on MBTI forums compared to the other N types?

Has anyone else noticed this as well?

The most common types on MBTI forums seem to be INXX. Actually, I think INFX may edge out INTX slightly, but both are very common. This is not surprising. Typology is theoretical in nature, hence the N appeal. Also, typing yourself and others involves some degree of introspection, something in the realm of introversion.

Not far behind, are the two ENXP types, ENTP and ENFP. Maybe it's the dominant Ne funciton, seeing all of the possibilities in the world and the excitement of something new like typology that draws these types in.

However, the remaining two N types, ENTJ and ENFJ seem to be the rarest among the 8 N types on typology related forums. Why is this?
    My guess would be that as extraverts, they might not be given as much to introspection. Unlike ENXP types, they are not dominant N types. ENFJs are dominant Fe and ENTJs are dominant Te. Maybe these functions don't seem as into typology? ENFJs using Fe more in the outer world, in their social groups. Same sort of thing with ENTJs, Te, setting goals and accomplishing them. Maybe they see forums like this as a waste of time?

Don't get me wrong, there are several highly prolific posters on here who are ENTJ or ENFJ but as a whole these two types just don't seem as common.

Has anyone else noticed this or anyone have other theories as to why this is so?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Likes BluRoses, Punderstorm liked this post

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't like either of these 2 types as they would rather spend their whole day bossing people around rather than actually spending time inside of their minds so it follows that a forum like this just like the OP said is not immediately productive as so much of the time is devoted to introspection rather than results which is why ENFJs and ENTJs here are not quite as common I would think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

They get bored of it more quickly than other types. MBTI is rather simplistic. Lack of stimulation communicating through virtual medium. Tbh I don't have a clue why there are so few of them on this forum.

MBTI
    INFP

Too busy.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

My one friend is what I would classify an ENTJ in an MBTI sense, so I can explain ENTJs (healthy ENTJs):
    He enjoys browsing through the news, and other items, on his phone. He is also completing his masters and can be quite the workaholic (I imagine a lot of ENTJs would spend a majority of their time in schooling or working on their job). If he isn't doing that, he is volunteering, or organizing other things.
    He is an extremely brilliant and balanced ENTJ working on developing himself, and others who follow him, to the best he can. He strives for competence, organization, and self-improvement.
    He isn't the type to sign up to fora like this. I don't see it ever happening. It would be an absolute waste of time, because (a) nothing is being achieved, and (b) there is no control to be had.

To be honest, I am surprised he calls me a friend. He is the type of individual who will go incredibly far (and I mean far) and will amount to more than a majority of people could ever hope to amount to. The only conflict he and I can have, is that I find it a struggle to get out there and lead. It builds character, and it is necessary (in my career field), but it can be painful. I'd much prefer to sit back, observe, contribute if I have anything, advise, and keep to my thoughts. He is more prone to stepping up, delegating positions, organizing, planning, and getting things done efficiently and effectively.
    That is my ENTJ friend in a nutshell.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Not a lot of ESTJs or ESFJs either. It is by definition the preference of the ExxJ to act in the tangible world.

I wouldn't say they're all not introspective, though. I have known a good number who are. They still prefer to focus outside themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessertime View Post
    My one friend is what I would classify an ENTJ in an MBTI sense, so I can explain ENTJs (healthy ENTJs):
    He enjoys browsing through the news, and other items, on his phone. He is also completing his masters and can be quite the workaholic (I imagine a lot of ENTJs would spend a majority of their time in schooling or working on their job). If he isn't doing that, he is volunteering, or organizing other things.
    He is an extremely brilliant and balanced ENTJ working on developing himself, and others who follow him, to the best he can. He strives for competence, organization, and self-improvement.
    He isn't the type to sign up to fora like this. I don't see it ever happening. It would be an absolute waste of time, because (a) nothing is being achieved, and (b) there is no control to be had.

To be honest, I am surprised he calls me a friend. He is the type of individual who will go incredibly far (and I mean far) and will amount to more than a majority of people could ever hope to amount to. The only conflict he and I can have, is that I find it a struggle to get out there and lead. It builds character, and it is necessary (in my career field), but it can be painful. I'd much prefer to sit back, observe, contribute if I have anything, advise, and keep to my thoughts. He is more prone to stepping up, delegating positions, organizing, planning, and getting things done efficiently and effectively.
    That is my ENTJ friend in a nutshell.
    That doesn't explain why they infested personality cafe forum.

The truth is I drove them away here because realized its pointless to brag about their achievements here when they realize they are a fraud. There used to be a shitload of ENTJs here that say they are going to take over the world.
    ENTJ have a reason to hang around mbti forum because they are the type most likely to brag about their superiority using the mbti label, because they only get recognized in the MBTI community as being "gods". In the real world, they don't get this kind of recongnition, because nobody gives a shit about the MBTI , they are losers just like everybody else.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

It could be the ENJ tendency for closure that they don't need to hang round so much. They seem to be the least hazy ouot of all intuitive types, and speculation is such an introverted/intuitive thing it's not funny. Same reason why there are not as many SJs?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

You might also ask why the ENJs are the least intelligent of all Ns...

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You might also ask why the ENJs are the least intelligent of all Ns...

Because of course MBTI type is THE number one indicator of intelligence level...

They're probably out getting stuff done, but maybe they don't feel welcome?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING