User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Excellent example of making a false judgment based on a simplistic generalization about type.

How bout you spin it this way: I make truth claims, observations about what is, rank things based on criteria.

Objectively, these two show themselves to be extremely oblivious to facts that are more-or-less widely known.

When someone spends as much time as they do here, but is somehow that oblivious to such obvious things...

Well, it damages their credibility to gather the facts that are right there in front of them -- to me, this matters.

I was also president of my class in high school, in a fraternity, and captain of multiple sports teams.

Does that also not fit your simplistic understanding of how it is INTJs should be?
    No, it's none of that, more the fact that you seem to find it expedient to put people down/discredit them by attacking their status in the social hierarchy.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I've remarked on the fact before that there's less ENTs around here period, not just ENTJs, than there have been in the past. But, to get to the point, there are a couple of reason why I think there are less ENJs around here.

First is that ENJs are more likely than others to come to this site with a very specific goal in mind, and are likely to move on once that goal has been fufilled. That gets at a second semi-related point which is that the inner workings of typology are not as compelling to us as the fact that it works (if that makes any sense). Endless rumination over a subject doesn't appeal as much as getting out and applying it in a practical way.

Finally, the thing that keeps most of the active members here has nothing to do with typology itself, but with the social component of the site. I know this last one is a barrier to entry, but I'm not 100% sure why. We tend to be more conservative, so the idea of building online relationships may seem a little far out/pointless. And assuming that's not an issue, our pride probably wouldn't allow for us to invest the time in navigating a site as clique-y as this one. If there are more active ENJs at personalitycafe as someone mentioned, it's either because a)the people there are mistyped, or b)the forum's culture is more open than this one's is.

More tangibly, most of the ENTJs that I've known here have left simply because life called and it was time to move on. Sometimes shit's just that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think this site is a closed shop or cliquey
    You also didn't know who MacGuffin was...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is why I'm awesome.
    If you're saying you were just trolling, I'd definitely considered that.

I barely read that thread, but noticed that part as I skimmed.

The thing is, I've seen you be oblivious about enough other things (I'd have to put you and Riva near the top of the "most oblivious members of the forum" list) that it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I've noticed you comment on this kind of thing before... I am a bit curious as to why you seem so interested in the social dynamics of the forum and who is/isn't in the loop. It doesn't seem very INTJ.
    Excellent example of making a false judgment based on a simplistic generalization about type.

How bout you spin it this way: I make truth claims, observations about what is, rank things based on criteria.

Objectively, these two show themselves to be extremely oblivious to facts that are more-or-less widely known.

When someone spends as much time as they do here, but is somehow that oblivious to such obvious things...

Well, it damages their credibility to gather the facts that are right there in front of them -- to me, this matters.

I was also president of my class in high school, in a fraternity, and captain of multiple sports teams.

Does that also not fit your simplistic understanding of how it is INTJs should be?
    No, it's none of that, more the fact that you seem to find it expedient to put people down/discredit them by attacking their status in the social hierarchy.
    You may want to check how much of what you're perceiving is merely projection.

What you see as "attacking their status in the social hierarchy", perhaps I just see as stating it how it is.

That being said, you seem to be working with a flawed premise that INTJs don't recognize/concern themselves with "social hierarchy".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The thing is, I've seen you be oblivious about enough other things (I'd have to put you and Riva near the top of the "most oblivious members of the forum" list) that it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility.

You might want to check how much of what you are perceiving is merely projection
    ... said the only person on the forum who thought Morgan le Fay and I were two different people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Riva

@Zarathustra - in my defense, I don't follow blogs and threads which discusses personal issues in which i'm unable to give useful advice. Those are the threads which usually gives infor of members. And since I usually keep away I tend to not know. It's not my inability to gather information and arrive at effective conclusions. But if I have seen/read I would seldom forget. I can give you a good example but to do so I have to take permission from you to quote a discussion we had on ventrilo which I shall pm if you want me to. Anyway does this mean I have/can gain credibility in your high ranking alpha eyes? Hmmm... or does that even matter I wonder! You didn't know that sal was morg...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I've noticed you comment on this kind of thing before... I am a bit curious as to why you seem so interested in the social dynamics of the forum and who is/isn't in the loop. It doesn't seem very INTJ.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

garbage

Three things:
    • Did I miss where, say, intelligence had a huge correlation with participation on MBTI forums and thus was actually worth discussing as a sidebar of the OP's question? Exactly how many threads have we had on intelligence and type on this forum? I prefer the discussion of the much more interesting initial question (but I'm not gonna dictate the direction of the thread, of course).
    • There are quite a few self- and other-typed ENTJs around here--or at least they're boisterous enough to make themselves seem prevalent
    • Online forums definitely have the capacity to help meet some targeted (or general) goal, and they have their advantages--the Internet contains a wealth and diversity of information that a 'live' social circle doesn't have ready access to. It may or may not be the best tool for some particular goal, but it's worth remembering that it's one tool of many that even very social folks might utilize.

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    Go visit Personality Cafe. There are shitloads of them there. You only have a limited time to there because I will take over that place eventually and rape them like they never been raped before.
    What sort of timeline are we talking about here? I want to exactly know how long I have to visit.
    Last edited by garbage; 10-25-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: edited!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    ... said the only person on the forum who thought Morgan le Fay and I were two different people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    @Zarathustra - in my defense, I don't follow blogs and threads which discusses personal issues in which i'm unable to give useful advice. Those are the threads which usually gives infor of members. And since I usually keep away I tend to not know. It's not my inability to gather information and arrive at effective conclusions. But if I have seen/read I would seldom forget. I can give you a good example but to do so I have to take permission from you to quote a discussion we had on ventrilo which I shall pm if you want me to. Anyway does this mean I have/can gain credibility in your high ranking alpha eyes? Hmmm... or does that even matter I wonder! You didn't know that sal was morg...
    No, Riva.

Now you've shown yourself to not only be oblivious, but to also parrot false assumptions.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

No, Riva.

Now you've shown yourself to not only be oblivious, but to also parrot false assumptions.

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Riva

No, Riva.Now you've shown yourself to not only be oblivious, but to also parrot false assumptions.
    Regarding the post you quoted of salome - Didn't you notice my reply post to her's was incomplete? It wasn't a statement made with the purpose to mock you. You are indeed a genius! Given the context of the scenario it is understandable you thought I was trying to mock you (though it was simply a question). But judging or mocking people when they are confused/lacks-knowledge isn't something I do and I wouldn't definitely hold it against them and assume they have horrible judgement.

MBTI
    entj
    Enneagram
    Socionics

see David Keirsey PLEASE UNDERSTAND ME II
    INF's and NF's are here since their theme is serching for their self