User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, it´s (imho) pretty clear that someone whose preference goes towards solving a wide array of different problems will generally be perceived as more what-is-socially-considered-intelligent compared to someone else whose preference tends towards relatively repetitive tasks. I surely may be wrong but that´s the basis of my conjecture, namely that people who will score very high on J might eventually cluster in a relatively lower "g-factor" group.
    Stable doesn't have to mean repetitive. I think you're reading way more into these terms than they deserve.
    Actually, J correlates pretty well with the Big 5 "conscientiousness" dimension. And highly conscientious types tend to perform best in standard education (and in life, generally).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    BS, if you are capable of ruling the world, you would not suck another type's dick.
    What does it mean to rule the world?

Glycerine

@Zarathustra, I honestly don't pay too much attention to the discussions about intelligence so I only knew a little about your views. My inquiry was merely out of curiosity rather than from a defensive stance. Anyways, the argument would have been pointless because like you were demonstrating, it would swelter to a futile exercise in relativism making the concept of "intelligence" moot, in a way. In the end, I just wanted to see how you viewed it so thank you.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    The thing is, I've seen you be oblivious about enough other things (I'd have to put you and Riva near the top of the "most oblivious members of the forum" list) that it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility.
    I know who Mac is dammit!

Also I'm a catching up people.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I think it's mainly the tertiary se, tbh in these types, keeps them very focused and goal oriented in the real world. Probably there is some sort of subconscious stratifying division of intellectual labor in society which prevents them from willing themselves to become engaged in this sort of subject matter to the same degree.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

ENJ (along with EST) is the "In Charge" Interaction Style, or "Choleric" in Inclusion
    http://www.interactionstyles.com/incharge.html
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-inclusion.htm

They are more goal oriented, and tend to approach people for their goal, and then move on; so they are not really into interaction that much, even though they look like it. They will use the internet a lot for their businesses, but probably less so just to exchange information like we do on these boards.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

The thing is, I've seen you be oblivious about enough other things (I'd have to put you and Riva near the top of the "most oblivious members of the forum" list) that it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility.
    I've noticed you comment on this kind of thing before... I am a bit curious as to why you seem so interested in the social dynamics of the forum and who is/isn't in the loop. It doesn't seem very INTJ.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Ginkgo

Je is all about expected standards for people and for things. Typoc just doesn't live up the the typical standards people live by - it's an inadequate place for seriously discussing theories, for making social contacts, or for doing anything of real function. Discussing theories is probably its greatest strength, yet Je is very much about utility and the practical applications brought forth by typology are typically and inherently a specialty for Je, the functions of organizing people and things. I'm guessing that introverts are often drawn to typology because it helps them cope with the people in their lives by providing a means for conceptualizing people and minimizing perceived social problems.

N has less to do with it IMO. There are more ISPs on this form then there are ENJs.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I've noticed you comment on this kind of thing before... I am a bit curious as to why you seem so interested in the social dynamics of the forum and who is/isn't in the loop. It doesn't seem very INTJ.
    Excellent example of making a false judgment based on a simplistic generalization about type.

How bout you spin it this way: I make truth claims, observations about what is, rank things based on criteria.

Objectively, these two show themselves to be extremely oblivious to facts that are more-or-less widely known.

When someone spends as much time as they do here, but is somehow that oblivious to such obvious things...

Well, it damages their credibility to gather the facts that are right there in front of them -- to me, this matters.

I was also president of my class in high school, in a fraternity, and captain of multiple sports teams.

Does that also not fit your simplistic understanding of how it is INTJs should be?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

You don't see as many ENTJ's on these forums for a couple of reasons:

1. Most ENTJ types are workaholics and don't have time to sit there and bullshit on this site all day. They have more "productive" things to do.
    2. ENTJ's are harder to convince of the existence of mbti than many of the other intuitive types. If you pitch a simple personality system to the a lot of ENTJ types, many will dismiss it as a nuisance and many will say that it lacks the proper facts to support the theory. After all, ENTJ's tend to base their knowledge and beliefs on objective facts, and if they don't see that the facts support mbti, then they will throw it out like the morning trash.