INTJ

Default Video case study of Extroverted Feeling vs. Introverted Feeling

Feedback will be most appreciated!

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I thought this was very good. I'd like to see more.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

As a social dominant, I would have been as aware as Carey Mulligan about the sitting posture, said the same kinds of "oh is this ok?" stuff. Likely I would have already considered sitting that way inappropriate due to placing my shoes on a light beige couch. Undoubtedly, she is aware of her elevated celebrity status and knew this was a social faux-pas she would probably get away with in this context.

Nor are Fe values "universal" - they're only universal to the specific context of the Fe community. These standards would vary greatly in different parts of the world.

Again, as an so-dom, I would have done the same smoothing as Carey wrt Andrew's statements. I would have restated his words for him and assured him he didn't talk too much etc.

Just throwing that out there ... it's something that always glares out at me in these discussions. I, as an Fi-dom so-dom, do LOTS of the supposed Fe things. It's just not so cut-and-dried to me.

Plus, this maybe doesn't take gender into account either ... women are more groomed to the social niceties in general.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Nor are Fe values "universal" - they're only universal to the specific context of the Fe community. These standards would vary greatly in different parts of the world.
    I would agree (in fact, when I saw this video earlier, that was the one part that bothered me most). I might phrase it as Fe is aimed at optimizing things for the group's harmony, and Fi is more about optimizing things for the individual's harmony (with an individual's own values and characteristics). The paradox is, of course, that eventually both approaches can encompass one another, since human beings are neither entirely autonomous, nor do we exist merely to fill roles.

Again, as an so-dom, I would have done the same smoothing as Carey wrt Andrew's statements. I would have restated his words for him and assured him he didn't talk too much etc.
    Me, too (sx-dom). I do lots of mirroring and restating when interacting with folks. There are some cases when I don't mirror or expect mirroring: I find I don't tend to expect others to either get enthusiastic about what I find exciting, nor do I expect people to be upset on my behalf (or take my side when there is a dispute).

Just throwing that out there ... it's something that always glares out at me in these discussions. I, as an Fi-dom so-dom, do LOTS of the supposed Fe things. It's just not so cut-and-dried to me.
    Me, too (substituting "LOTS" for "some," in my case).

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

So a great deal of people tell me I 'ooze' Fe.

So why do I relate almost entirely with the Fi aspects of this video? It's probably for some odd...environment reason. I am Fe, but one thing I dont do is feel the emotions of others as mine.

Regardless, that was very very interesting. Albeit, not quite as new as id have hoped in terms of information.

Are there any more videos like this?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

As usual I think I have elements of both. I think it's very common for me to go on mini-'tirades'/elaborations on what I think/feel, if asked a question, even if it is unrelated to those in the room, and trying to express and convey what I think. Basically, the whole 'sincerity' component of the video is very important to me and I think I am known as being a very honest and 'real' person, even if I aim for diplomacy as well. However, I'm aware of various things such as demonstrated by the Fe person in the video, and do the mirroring thing, tend to be aware of what would be 'appropriate' based on the people I'm with, etc.

That said, I can see how both examples contrast what Fi and Fe tend to embody, in terms of peoples' understandings and definitions of each; I just think in reality things can become more muddied and unless someone is completely b&w in their preferences, many might identify with elements of both. (also as @PeaceBaby alludes to, enneagram can impact things, as can other aspects of self)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

nice. one thing i noticed which you didnt mention here. when that guy(forgot his name already ) was talking long and then went like 'omg, did i just talk for too long?', its typical Fi behavior imo, first do stuff neglecting others, then feeling bad about it. Fe users usually dont do stuff without thinking for others and then feeling bad about it(not that Fi users always notice inappropriate behavior at all or always do inappropriate things), but Fe users tend to work in real time regarding to this sort of stuff. Like not doing the inappropriate thing at all or making sure that others arent bothered by it, before they take it so far that they feel the need to apologize.

also, i think Fi dom types are most likely to do something and then feel bad about it. Fi aux tends to perceive other peoples reactions more easily and not start feeling bad about doing something as easily, since dom Pe is more in tune with the external world and is able to see if people get pissed off about something they are doing and if they dont perceive it, they dont feel the need to feel bad. when it comes to Fi tert and inferior, i think this feeling bad about this sort of stuff is neglected in perceptions too, unlike Fi aux. however they use Te and Ji for knowing what to do and what not to do, but it requires them to learn this stuff and care about it. also Fi aux i think can utilize tert Te to learn(or more like remember learned) when something is inappropriate and when it is not, more so than Fi dom with inferior Te.

Also when it comes to Fe users(at least aux tert and inferior), i think they dont tend to feel bad about for talking too long(or stuff they say), because if they do talk for long or something similar, its most likely justified to them.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

great idea and great video! please do more cognitive functions!!

a couple of suggestions, please dont be offended:
    - the video might be a bit too long and people might lose interest. i could easily read the writing in half the time, maybe you could shorten that!?
    - as you said, you are comparing a dom with an aux. maybe for the next videos for "scientific accuracy" you might want to compare dominant functions users?

(also, what makes you think they are INFP and INFJ and not ISFP and ISFJ, for instance?)

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Interesting. I am
    - an Fi/Te user
    - double Id (not known for their empathy or support)
    and
    - Sp/Sx (both Sp dom and Social last)

and, while I related to Fi much more in this clip, it appears my Fe is not quite as bad as I thought it was, though I think what I'm really doing is using Ne and a softer version of Te to "diagnose" people's issues but taking away the blame aspect of it.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

As a social dominant, I would have been as aware as Carey Mulligan about the sitting posture, said the same kinds of "oh is this ok?" stuff. Likely I would have already considered sitting that way inappropriate due to placing my shoes on a light beige couch. Undoubtedly, she is aware of her elevated celebrity status and knew this was a social faux-pas she would probably get away with in this context.

Plus, this maybe doesn't take gender into account either ... women are more groomed to the social niceties in general.
    R u saying typology is a lie?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.