User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I found this interesting (definitely relate to the "Fi" stuff totally and the "Fe" stuff not at all - unsurprising.) However, the methodology is flawed. You have typed the individuals and then look for "proof" of that judgement. Some of it sounds plausible, but you get into really speculative territory with stuff like this:

“They are also not above telling white lies to make others feel better. *Hence Mulligan’s reassurance may not be sincere- maybe she thinks that Garfield talked for too long.”*

Well yeah, but she could also be sincere, so you're not actually proving anything at all with this statement. And who isn't above telling a white lie, anyway?

I'm skeptical of the value of this sort of thing. Though it's certainly fun.

I thought it was too short...
    oh this is interesting...can you expand on why you identify more with the fi? is it just the fact that it's an internal judgment like your ti? i often get the impression that intps "get" fi better than many others....for whatever reason. or maybe it's that you guys are so non judgy that you are just accepting of it??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh this is interesting...can you expand on why you identify more with the fi? is it just the fact that it's an internal judgment like your ti? i often get the impression that intps "get" fi better than many others....for whatever reason. or maybe it's that you guys are so non judgy that you are just accepting of it??
    I like INTP…so placid…

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    nice. one thing i noticed which you didnt mention here. when that guy(forgot his name already ) was talking long and then went like 'omg, did i just talk for too long?', its typical Fi behavior imo, first do stuff neglecting others, then feeling bad about it. Fe users usually dont do stuff without thinking for others and then feeling bad about it(not that Fi users always notice inappropriate behavior at all or always do inappropriate things), but Fe users tend to work in real time regarding to this sort of stuff. Like not doing the inappropriate thing at all or making sure that others arent bothered by it, before they take it so far that they feel the need to apologize.

also, i think Fi dom types are most likely to do something and then feel bad about it. Fi aux tends to perceive other peoples reactions more easily and not start feeling bad about doing something as easily, since dom Pe is more in tune with the external world and is able to see if people get pissed off about something they are doing and if they dont perceive it, they dont feel the need to feel bad. when it comes to Fi tert and inferior, i think this feeling bad about this sort of stuff is neglected in perceptions too, unlike Fi aux. however they use Te and Ji for knowing what to do and what not to do, but it requires them to learn this stuff and care about it. also Fi aux i think can utilize tert Te to learn(or more like remember learned) when something is inappropriate and when it is not, more so than Fi dom with inferior Te.

Also when it comes to Fe users(at least aux tert and inferior), i think they dont tend to feel bad about for talking too long(or stuff they say), because if they do talk for long or something similar, its most likely justified to them.
    If that is the case, I am Fi-Dom rather than Ne-Dom. I'll get carried away with excitement, get a feeling that I might have done something wrong, then ask if I offended them in some way. Ne is so clear in my life, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

oh this is interesting...can you expand on why you identify more with the fi?
    But we talked about this for hours already!

J/k :P

I have written a fair bit about INTPs having Fi (not Fe) around these parts. It hinges on whether you think the inferior function (Fe for INTP) is eighth or fourth in the 'stack'. Most people here assume it's fourth based on a superficial understanding of type dynamics, which doesn't make sense to me, given its oppositional nature. It's logical that INTPs would have an easier time with a function like Fi, which doesn't directly oppose their dominant one. Though not all of them demonstrate good conscious use, it's usually better than their Fe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    But we talked about this for hours already!

J/k :P

I have written a fair bit about INTPs having Fi (not Fe) around these parts. It hinges on whether you think the inferior function (Fe for INTP) is eighth or fourth in the 'stack'. Most people here assume it's fourth based on a superficial understanding of type dynamics, which doesn't make sense to me, given its oppositional nature. It's logical that INTPs would have an easier time with a function like Fi, which doesn't directly oppose their dominant one. Though not all of them demonstrate good conscious use, it's usually better than their Fe.
    i kinda believed you for a sec! haha

and okay...yeah that feels right to me too. that's interesting i like it...i may go sit in the darkness awhile and ponder that
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    If that is the case, I am Fi-Dom rather than Ne-Dom. I'll get carried away with excitement, get a feeling that I might have done something wrong, then ask if I offended them in some way. Ne is so clear in my life, though.
    i used words like "more likely" and "tend to", this means that this isnt something you should type yourself based on. it means that if you take 100 people, more Fi doms are this way and more Fi aux are the other way, not that all Fi doms are certain ways and Fi aux the other way. when it comes to behavioral things which arise from functions, those are all tendenciesto behave in certain ways, behavior alone is never something you should be typing based on. its kinda like with the example that introverts tend to be more shy than extraverts, that doesent mean that you would automatically be introvert if you are shy.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

They are our twins. They see the truth of us because 1. they are us but in an adjacent way and 2. the similarity mixed with the difference breeds much questioning as to how we differ and how we don't. Its a good puzzle to help them see the truth of themselves by playing " we're like this in all these things but these"
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    They are our twins. They see the truth of us because 1. they are us but in an adjacent way and 2. the similarity mixed with the difference breeds much questioning as to how we differ and how we don't. Its a good puzzle to help them see the truth of themselves by playing " we're like this in all these things but these"
    My I/E preference has always been ambiguous to me, but not nearly as ambiguous as my T/F preference.

This is in contrast to my N preference and P preference, which are both blatantly obvious, super-strong, and nearly total. I could never be mistaken for an S or a J.
    @Thursday

What do you think?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    My I/E preference has always been ambiguous to me, but not nearly as ambiguous as my T/F preference.

This is in contrast to my N preference and P preference, which are both blatantly obvious, super-strong, and nearly total. I could never be mistaken for an S or a J.
    @Thursday

What do you think?
    I think the sooner you get that "I/T/F/E" thinking out of your system, the better. Thats like picking cars based on the shape and not the engine and steering and gas usuage, etc. You've got it backwards. Are you someone who is more into the possibility of something or the importance and impact?

Here is a video that will sort you out like an iron to a pair of wrinkled slacks (done by an INTJ) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn_ME622T_M
    I N V I C T U S