• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you gravitate towards characters of your type?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I tend to gravitate toward people who are like me temperament wise, not MBTI wise. I dont really care about T vs F vs S vs N. Its all about values, temprament and how they handle themselves.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When reading/watching something, do you find yourself drawn to characters that are most similar to you and your position?
If you mean similar to my personality, then yes. I can enjoy, admire, even sympathize with other characters and the situations they land in, but there is something about the ones of my type that just resonates with me, unlike the others. It is an almost physical feeling. I sometimes wondered why I had such dissimilar favorite characters in fiction, but when I learned about types, I realized the dissimilarities were mostly superficial (occupation, wealth, family status, etc). These are the characters that think like me, react, communicate, and even fail as I do. They make the choices I would probably make in the same circumstances.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoy a wide diversity of characters. Some I see as having some resemblance to myself but none are just like me. I think a character just like me would probably not make for an exciting novel. Other characters I enjoy are very different from me. It's how the character is presented I think, that determines whether or not I like or admire the character. I like characters that are complex rather than just a cookie-cutter stereotype. Characters that are unique in some way are also a plus.