User Tag List

First 12

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So if you, presumably a native speaker of English, were in a meeting with people who spoke many different languages, and managed to identify several as strong or native English speakers, then said these were the ones you understood best, would that seem odd?
    This is a terrible analogy. It is immediately obvious if a person is fluent in English, whereas a person's type is not immediately obvious.

your resident asshole

So if you, presumably a native speaker of English, were in a meeting with people who spoke many different languages, and managed to identify several as strong or native English speakers, then said these were the ones you understood best, would that seem odd?
    This is a terrible analogy. It is immediately obvious if a person is fluent in English, whereas a person's type is not immediately obvious.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    To some people it is. We often communicate most easily with people who are on the same wavelength as we are. Same or similar types often share this, which is why it can be such an effort to communicate with people of dissimilar types. Language is just more obvious to more people. It's like comparing the MB dichotomies to handedness.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

your resident asshole

To some people it is. We often communicate most easily with people who are on the same wavelength as we are. Same or similar types often share this, which is why it can be such an effort to communicate with people of dissimilar types. Language is just more obvious to more people. It's like comparing the MB dichotomies to handedness.

I'd like to meet someone who can do this. I have a hard time believing anyone would be able to tell a person's MBTI by hearing them speak fifteen words or less or by simply looking at them (as your handedness analogy suggests).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'd like to meet someone who can do this. I have a hard time believing anyone would be able to tell a person's MBTI by hearing them speak fifteen words or less or by simply looking at them (as your handedness analogy suggests).
    I am right-handed, but watch me at mealtimes, and you might think me a lefty. And yes, I have met two people who can tell someone's type most of the time after a brief conversation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

your resident asshole

I am right-handed, but watch me at mealtimes, and you might think me a lefty.
    What does this have to do with MBTI? You said that for some people, figuring out MBTI dichotomies is as easy as figuring out someone's handedness. Or did I interpret this wrong?

And yes, I have met two people who can tell someone's type most of the time after a brief conversation.
    Oh really?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What does this have to do with MBTI? You said that for some people, figuring out MBTI dichotomies is as easy as figuring out someone's handedness. Or did I interpret this wrong?
    You claim to be able to identify handedness just by looking at someone. I am pointing out that even that "simple" observation requires you to spend a little time with someone, as you might spend with colleagues in a meeting, or in a short conversation where my two contacts would likely pick up your type.