• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How accurate is CelebrityTypes?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/index.php

The website is linked above if you wish to visit it.

Anyway I'm highly skeptical of the validity of this website and many of its potential mistypings.

If you think someone is mistyped mention who they are and what you think their real type might be.

I will mention at least one that I know for sure is mistyped and that is Baruch Spinoza. They have him typed as INFJ though I would think if he is not INTP then nobody is. Why? Because his entire book called "The Ethics" revolves completely around logical axioms and well defined categories which is about as Ti as someone can possibly get, not to also mention that Spinoza was Einstein's favorite philosopher and Einstein is the INTP poster boy. Let me prove their striking similarities in ideology as well as personality via videos below:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nobody knows. Nobody can know.

Yeah, pretty much this. It's the same with any site (including this one) - because it's not like you can definitively prove any of it in the first place, as there aren't any objective, agreed-upon means of typing someone as one and only one type, with zero possibility of being another.

Nicodemus

Yeah, pretty much this. It's the same with any site (including this one) - because it's not like you can definitively prove any of it in the first place, as there aren't any objective, agreed-upon means of typing someone as one and only one type, with zero possibility of being another.
Oh, but we can argue about it for page after useless page...
Yes. Type is pretty much like artistic value.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay so far folks are saying that Typology rests on too shaky of foundations for anything including the predicted personality types of famous people to be conclusive. Does anyone else have similar thoughts or even thoughts to the contrary?

Usehername

On a mission
It's done by two of our forum members, so why don't you ask them?

I'm not going to tell you who they are in case they don't want to be outed, but their types are INTJ and ENTP. I'll letchya sort through the members list and guess.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Some of them make sense to me, and some do not. Mark Steyn is listed as an ENTJ, but reading him or listening to him is like getting blasted with a Ne firehose.