Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    As far as gender stereotypes, I think there are two sets:
    • reserved, strong/silent male + bubbly socialite female
    • devoted and dutifully nurturing female + aggressive dominant male
    What about the playboy meme? Or for that matter the crone meme. I'm sure there are many more
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    What about the playboy meme? Or for that matter the crone meme. I'm sure there are many more
    Make a new thread with all the lists of stereotypes?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

One of my grandmothers is ESxJ, but the other one was pure ESFP xD
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Well of course MBTI doesn't always fit with gender. I know lots of feelers who are masculine, usually ISFPs ESFJs and ESFPs. The SFPs would be the most masculine of the feelers because of their Se and INFPs would be the most feminine, though not necessarily girly females. ISFJs fit the girly girl stereotype best, since INFP girls are mostly nonconforming, just that they come across girly because of Ne and their emotional Fi domness. Si dom, being nonrisky is typically girly for a girl when combined with Fe, while male SFs don't struggle with masculinity like Nfs do. Also, not all female Ts are tomboys, for instance ISTJs, who aren't girly girls either. And lots of ENFx and INFJ girls are tomboyish as well.
    Se/T=masculine ideal
    Si/Fe=feminine ideal
    Fi is mostly neutral for males and tomboyish for females while Ns just don't conform.
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

How does raising a child doesn't involve being caring, supportive or sympathetic? If it does require anything, it is responsibility. Yet that gender role for women doesn't exist. There is no way to be certain of where gender roles originated from, which is disappointing but I think people need to get past this and finally realize that this is a huge generalization to make. It is also very sexist, of course.

It is impossible to know if these characteristics are true until the idea of gender roles is no longer a part of society. That doesn't mean I don't believe that more women are feelers in general, and vise versa. But I think we learn this behavior growing up, as a part of a social expectation.
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'd say gender roles got me mixed up enough thinking I was an INFJ for a while; hormones were pushing me to keep others from taking risks and staying within their own comfort zones, various xSFJ things. Trying not to get the Si too involved, I would often have to tap into my Ni instead to balance out my childish Si. Therefore, I usually have to play the INFJ when most of my male friends refuse to do so.

Schemata Architect CognitiveLiberty's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I was thinking the other day about attempting to type the societal constructs of the 'archetypal' man and woman. I think the expectation/meme of the "quintessential man" is an ISTJ and the "quintessential woman" is an ESFJ. One word to clarify, I don't want to be misunderstood as sexist. I don't support or endorse the stereotype, but was just thinking of the cultural phenomena of gender expectations.
    Johari Nohari
    5 cp6 9w1 4w5 sx/sp | RLUAI | INTP ILI-Ni
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

Default Gender Roles and MBTI

It get complex but the way I see it is in two directions using four type but promoting two examples one of each for the Female role and the Male role.

The Stress Points for Point 1 is Points 5 & 6 and the Stress Points for Point 5 is Points 1 & 9. To define the Principle Of Unification all four Points are required.

The two types Subtypes that are found at Point:2 are in my opinion the ESTJ and the ESNTJ.
    If I was to categorise these two subtypes into two categories due to the direction they face in a direction around the circle of the enneagram I would give the ESNTJ the label of Mood Feminine Orientated and I would give the ESTJ the label of Agenda Feminine influenced.

Orientation because of the two the ESNTJ is the more androgens of the two maybe for two reasons one it has a ambidextrous property and it meets the compliment at its Stress Point counterpart the INFTP at Point:5. And because it has a closer relationship with the energy of ID though it's contact with Point: we're as the ESTJ has a contrasting connection with the INTP at its Stress Point at Point:5. And because it has a reinforcing connection with it relationship with Point:2 the another of three Supper ego energy Points.

The E the S the SN and the T and J all support the action of multitasking a feminine skill needed for stability within relationships of order and coordination within a family unit.

And the you the reader can work out all the rest the INFP and the INFTP at Point:5 are I believe the more Masculine thought over Instinct orientated.
    The INTP is the more Feminine Mood Influenced to ward per cute and attainment of the two and the INFTP is more Masculine Agenda focused in the discipline of objective orientation toward achievement.

But this is more of an archetypal paradigm pertaining to the two Points 1 & 5 within the processes of the enneagram that overlays and is conveyed and partly visible in the four MBTI well two plus two types.

A lot can be said but it works best this prospective if viewed in the context that the proactive of mechanical man utilities all nine points and 18 MBTI orientated functions within its own inner and inter personal synergies. From that perspective of view it is easier to see and appreciated and understand. But the direct representation is equally of value if understood.

Perhaps, that is how it works for me as an INFP big picture thinker.

But having said all of that the reality remains there are many ways to cut the cake.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I hate gender roles and I hate being associated with them. Socialization is a huge part of it. For one thing, most societies socialize women to exhibit F traits and men to exhibit T traits. Gender roles and socialization just make it even damn harder to find out what someone's true type is.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

sex, arousal patterns, reproductive and immediate caregiving roles, hormonal effects on development and operation--these all seem relatively stable to me, and seem to be most rooted in biological and psychological facts.

so, i don't think its untenable to imagine some role-ishness emerges from these basic foundations. with that said, there's a lot more to life, family, partnering, creativity, and just doing work that shapes us too.

yet, with even just some layer of engendering, so much iterative stuff happens upon that too that expands its seeming importance. bc, in the process of negotiating for power (our resources: our cognitive personalities multiplied by our body types and by our motivational styles), we commit to identities and find strategies that reproductively (and CREATIVELY, in general) empower us and our quests to live forever. sometimes this quest doesn't get past the moment and the desire to simply feel important/successful. other times, it does, and takes on more dimensions.

to me, then, gender is part of the story arc of immortality, even if nowadays we have the attention of cracked-out-on-social-media birds, and more and more of that larger quest has been rolled into socio-economic status and self-marketing games. some people reject or try to subvert the market even as they become more and more dependent on it. being with other people and the expectations that emerge and the ways in which we rely on those to know ourselves and our own respective worths is messy. any path of taking some responsibility to make yourself takes work.