User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 13

  1. #1
    Senior Member ScottJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    221

    Default Passive Profiling Shortcuts

    I'd like to hear what you guys have found to be some of the best, most accurate, passive profiling tip-offs. I'm going to assume that we're all adults and we realize that none of these are 100% truths - so we can save any of the 'stereotyping' pushback. Humans are complex and we're making generalizations, that's a given. That being said, what are some of the things you notice about particular types that are dead giveaways?

    I'll start with some ENFJ observations:

    They're extremely particular about how they keep their homes, how they dress and anything else that will reflect on them to other people in the same way. By contrast they're typically not bothered by disorder when they encounter it in other people. How people keep their home is a great tip-off in general. ENFJs, ESFJs and ESTJs will usually have the best kept homes. ENFJs will be more modern, ESTJs will usually be more traditional and ESTJ's homes will usually be very clean, but typically not quite as warm and inviting as the other two.

    ENFJs are probably the most compulsive list makers.

    I've seen Fe primary manifest in different behaviors, but the home environment and list making have been absolutely consistent with all ENFJs I've profiled.

    What have you got?

  2. #2
    Senior Member sulfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    What have you got?
    these ones made me laugh

  3. #3
    Senior Member ScottJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    these ones made me laugh
    Nice find. Socionics makes my brain hurt, but some of those are pretty funny.

  4. #4
    Senior Member sulfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    Nice find. Socionics makes my brain hurt, but some of those are pretty funny.
    it has something called visual identification which allows one to identify types from a distance but many of those studying MBTI frown on it

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Ya I gotta agree with your ENFJ descrption and their mindless sense of social order that they have such a compulsive desire to impose not to mention their overly conscientious attitudes about order in the home as well as in public. There are a billion other qualities I could mention as to why this type, my opposite type sets me off but as an ISTP I'm too lazy to go into all of that detail like every other dang type would so desire.

  6. #6
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    I'd like to hear what you guys have found to be some of the best, most accurate, passive profiling tip-offs. I'm going to assume that we're all adults and we realize that none of these are 100% truths - so we can save any of the 'stereotyping' pushback. Humans are complex and we're making generalizations, that's a given. That being said, what are some of the things you notice about particular types that are dead giveaways?
    You claim to not be stereotyping but yet you're looking for dead giveaways. Isn't that being stereotypical? In typing, there are no dead giveaways. Nothing is absolute, no signs are failproof. Yes, there are behaviors that are far more common with some types than others but you can't just go by one particular observation and make an absolute conclusion on type.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  7. #7
    Senior Member ScottJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    You claim to not be stereotyping but yet you're looking for dead giveaways. Isn't that being stereotypical? In typing, there are no dead giveaways. Nothing is absolute, no signs are failproof. Yes, there are behaviors that are far more common with some types than others but you can't just go by one particular observation and make an absolute conclusion on type.
    I didn't say I wasn't stereotyping. That's exactly what I'm doing. I said you could save the pushback. I didn't say I was making absolute conclusions either.

  8. #8
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    I didn't say I wasn't stereotyping. That's exactly what I'm doing. I said you could save the pushback. I didn't say I was making absolute conclusions either.
    The point is that you're making a ridiculous request because...

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    In typing, there are no dead giveaways.
    It doesn't matter that you aren't making a 100% conclusion. There simply aren't these "dead giveaways."

  9. #9
    Senior Member ScottJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    The point is that you're making a ridiculous request because...



    It doesn't matter that you aren't making a 100% conclusion. There simply aren't these "dead giveaways."
    I disagree. And if that's your take, great, but this post wasn't intended for you. There are plenty of other people here who would agree with you. As for us, we can agree to disagree. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I have to type on my phone tonight, so I will just explain what I have noticed in a story.

    The other day I met someone and recognized her speech patterns and mannerisms to be very similar to a good friend of mine. I happen to know that friend is an isfj, but very weak on the s. So, with this new acquaintance, I tailored my own mannerisms and comments to speak to who I suspected her to be. Perfect. She understood what I was trying to say quickly and easily.

    I am becoming aware of those subtleties more and more often, and they certainly do work to my advantage.

    Another thing I find amusing is that a t will often say, "I think," while an f will begin sentences with, "I feel.". Like, a t might say, "I heard that x did y, and wondered z.". An f might say, "I heard x did y, and felt z.". Often the z will be the same topic, just phrased differently.

Similar Threads

  1. Post your typological Profile, EVERYONE!
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 11:29 AM
  2. The Kingdomality Personal Preference Profile
    By Sahara in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 05:21 PM
  3. I'm nothing like my type profile(ENTJ)
    By Anna999 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 05:24 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ Profile Resources.
    By Feedback Loop in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO