User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    "Ideas" in such case would likely represent a kind of "possibilities".
    Extraverted intuition?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Yes.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Yes.
    That's what I thought.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

STP tangible experience that makes sense

WTF STPs care about discovering truth that is real and sharing those discoveries and lots of times those will not be tangible. What a horrible stereotype!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

"Tangible" is just a word I feel is a better substitute for "concrete". You're saying "real"; and I'm sure that's the same or close to what I'm trying to convey. It's basically a focus on what is experienced through the senses, or is testable.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

"Tangible" is just a word I feel is a better substitute for "concrete". You're saying "real"; and I'm sure that's the same or close to what I'm trying to convey. It's basically a focus on what is experienced through the senses, or is testable.
    That stereotype is even worse. What is real includes the abstract world of the mind as it is our focus that determines our reality. Reality cannot be fully perceived through the senses.

edit - You intuitive types are all the same as you jump to absurd conclusions based on these silly hunches you receive without cheching out how well your hypotheses agree evidence as there is always the possibility that you could be wrong as the truth is always counter-intuitive.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    That stereotype is even worse. What is real includes the abstract world of the mind as it is our focus that determines our reality. Reality cannot be fully perceived through the senses.
    Then what you're calling "real" is not the focus of the Sensing function, but includes both Sensing and iNtuition.
    Well, everybody handles both kinds of perception, but different types prefer one over the other.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

"Possibilities that are good for the soul" make NFPs sound like we all work in New Age stores waving healing crystals and smoking a few herbal remedies. We think too, and few NFPs will accept ideas that appear (to them) to be utter garbage, so the possibilities would have to make sense too.

Furthermore, ENFPs and INFPs are very different types with different thought processes. Ne generates possibilities in general. INFPs would have a strong Fi filter, but ENFPs have Te as a mitigating influence.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I was trying to convey the Fi counterpart to Ti "makes sense", and Fi is usually associated with "valuing", or "what we want", and "good for the soul" seems to be what those definitions are aiming at, though I did wish I could have thought of something a bit better at that moment. (Fi s know to be hard to characterize).

Type Ideas

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

The terms are a bit ambiguous, and “patterns” can really refer to either form of iNtuition. As can “concept” and “vision”. But Ne is more open and emergent, while Ni basically starts with internalized patterns it bases its concepts and visions on, and that's what I was thinking of when I put that together.
    i think vision would be more appropriate word for Ni and i dont think it goes so well with Ne. vision is an abstract concept and abstraction is what introverted functions do. Ne can create an vision in combination with Ji, but Ne itself doesent create the vision, more like creating hypothetical framework from which vision can be abstracted.

i wouldnt link concept to either one, imo its more of T thing, as it requires defining something(which is basically what T does).

-> Ni should be vision instead pattern. others seem pretty good(i think hospitality could be replaced with something else tho), i especially like the use of the word soul here
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read