• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thinkers prefer objectivity while feelers prefer subjectivity

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Feeling types are weak like the Gods they pray to!
:worthy:
:jesus:
:thumbdown:
:nono:
:beathorse:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually it's introversion that is subjective and extraversion that is objective, it's a little different from the layman's sense of those words though. I=subject-referential, E=object-referential. Feeling is only "subjective" in the layman's sense in that it operates evaluatively, not conceptualy, so that it seems more personal.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Actually it's introversion that is subjective and extraversion that is objective, it's a little different from the layman's sense of those words though. I=subject-referential, E=object-referential. Feeling is only "subjective" in the layman's sense in that it operates evaluatively, not conceptualy, so that it seems more personal.

Sorry, my sentence may not have been clear. My thought is that feelers are most likely to prefer engaging in activities that are more personal in nature, while thinkers prefer to engage in activities that are more impersonal in nature.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In general, yes. To get more specific, introverted judging processes (Fi and Ti) are more subjective than their extraverted counterparts (Te, Fe). Introverted feeling is obviously very subjective, but so is introverted thinking by virtue of the fact that the criteria that it analyzes is an internal choice. Extraverted feeling and Extraverted thinking are oriented towards externals - extraverted thinking being the more obviously verifiable and therefore subjective.