User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default Why so many mistyped or wannabee INTJs?

At the request of Qlip:

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Well, I'll keep an open mind. But not about you being INTJ. Come on, seriously? (Don't feel too bad, you're not the only one who for some reason feel/wishes they were INTJ. We need a thread about that phenomenon.)
    Why do so many members mistype as INTJ, or appear to want to see themselves as this type? Is this more common among forum members than in the general population? Feel free to question the premise in your replies.

(I'm putting this in Other Psych Topics rather than NT to attract more diversity of replies.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Reminds me of an INFJ in another thread (can't recall which) talking about her ISTP friend who keeps consistently typing as INTP ......... How the hell does she know he's actually an ISTP? Sounds like some credibility issues building up there.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    yupp

op:r u sure ur not a wannabe?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It is the Ni. And the fact that INFJs and INTJs are supposedly the most rare types. Ni looks all shiny and mystical, and being rare = jackpot for the old ego.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

In during No True Scotsman fallacy.

You guys take your pick: ENTP, ESFP, INTP, INTJ.

I'll go with ESFP since it's the most common and has all the functions that INTJ has.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sometimes taking on a 'type' is an act of stating of who you wish to be, as opposed to who you are. INTJ's are associated with being goal oriented, which is something that would be attractive to a lot of us P's. And also sometimes people feel overwhelmed by their feelings and want to take up the outward aspect of the INTJ as being unaffected by such things.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTJs are the Masterminds and the rest of us are the sheep who would have long ago perished in the struggle against pitiless elements without our shephards to lay the seeds for our future success and to point the way towards greatness. INTJs tell us to go get them Tiger and we non INTJs respond you mean Chicken! As INTJs move the chess pieces we dance to the algorithm.

:chicken:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Sometimes taking on a 'type' is an act of stating of who you wish to be, as opposed to who you are. INTJ's are associated with being goal oriented, which is something that would be attractive to a lot of us P's. And also sometimes people feel overwhelmed by their feelings and want to take up the outward aspect of the INTJ as being unaffected by such things.
    When we took the MBTI at work, we were warned to answer as we really were, not as we wished to be, or even as the role we took on at work to get our jobs done. Still, a couple people did not follow this advice and got results that bore little resemblance to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    op:r u sure ur not a wannabe?
    Do you think I am?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

Do you think I am?
    I honestly don't care, except to say that you shouldn't bitch about others types unless you're 101% sure of yours
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think I've just seen it a couple times... About as much as any other type. Maybe I'm not seeing the threads you're talking about.

Intjs are confusing... Maybe confused people naturally type as intj haha

No really I have no idea.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison