Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    People wanna be INTJs because they are associated with ruling the world and mastering the universe.

INTJs freaking suck at this since they spend way too much time planning and not enough time executing whereas the ISTPs would actually go out and do what it is they wish to accomplish be it mastering the laws of physics to gaining complete control of creation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    INTJs freaking suck at this since they spend way too much time planning and not enough time executing whereas the ISTPs would actually go out and do what it is they wish to accomplish be it mastering the laws of physics to gaining complete control of creation.
    Actually, INTPs spend too much time planning and never execute; ISTPs spend too little time planning, so their execution is off the cuff (sometimes just what is needed); INTJ is the happy medium, at least for situations that can be planned. (These types often accomplish alot together, for these reasons.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

God, yes. All of you "INTJs" are mistyped.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Actually, INTPs spend too much time planning and never execute; ISTPs spend too little time planning, so their execution is off the cuff (sometimes just what is needed); INTJ is the happy medium, at least for situations that can be planned. (These types often accomplish alot together, for these reasons.)
    than the INFPs goooo ooh pretty and push buttons and than write about the explosion in their journals
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have known a couple of people who claim they can identify type as easily as most of us identify gender. I can't vouch for their track record, though.
    That's an extraordinary claim. I think gender is usually a pretty quick read and our ability to make those distinctions is deeply wired into us evolutionarily, so I'd doubt that could be matched. I'm aiming to be as good as humanly possible though. As an Ni primary my approach is to be as certain as reasonably possible that I'm getting accurate data points to form my internal intuitive map of each type. I'm pretty good right now but I see the potential to be extremely quick and accurate using this approach over time.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Yeah, and I sort of wonder if the source isn't the issue. Like the descriptions given on some types so that people equate, "Well, I am bookish, quiet, and I like to read up on intellectual pursuits... clearly I am an INxx!"

Or something.

When I first got typed as an INFP, I whined about how I wanted to be ISFP because they were entitled "the Artist" and I had this moment where I felt I couldn't possibly be an artist if I wasn't an S. (In my defense I was an emo 18 year old. )
    Since you made me an honorary NP, I'd like to make you an honorary SF. *bows*

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    People wanna be INTJs because they are associated with ruling the world and mastering the universe, (in fiction),.
    Hurrah!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

EXCELLENT question.

My reasoning is this - ENTP and INTJ both are dominant Conceptuals and secondary Thinkers, but since ENTPs are often the weakest extrovert type at showing interpersonal intelligence, they can easily and understandably appear like pedantic INTJs.

I think there are many more ENTPs in the populace than commonly speculated. The type, especially when older (twenty-plus, balancing the Ne with Ti), gravitates toward abstract and theoretical discussion grounded in some form of logic, and they can love sparring and sharing ideas with like-minded folks on forums like this.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Didn't read thread but I hate how too many people think they are/want to be an INTJ. So annoying.

I'm basically INTJ, and I know people who are totally not like me who say they're also INTJ..

We can't both be..

Sorry, but you're the same type as Jeff Foxworthy, like most people.

MBTI
    xxTP

The descriptions sound glamorous. Who wouldn't want to be the visionary Mastermind. Sounds a lot better than the "thinker" (loser), "idealist (pussy) or duty-fulfiller (dullard), right??? Come on this should be obvious! OK so maybe htis is only true on a superficial level. But most people only view this on a superficial level anyway so the objection is irrelevant!

The reality is often different of course. But people get obsessed with the imagined ideal. If they met some of the INTJ's I met IRL* they would think twice

*Cue predictable question about "where did you meet so many INTJ's IRL"? Well, I worked at a huge corporation with some dedicated areas teams which were very much for highly intelligent science graduates. Two of the guys were INTJ's - tested at our work MBTI session in fact! and neither would I wish to be like, as I viewed them as nerds (which is not a projection on all INTJ's, just a comment on these particular young fellows). I also had an INTJ acquaintance through university - having met hundreds of students is it so hard to believe that one or two may be INTJ? So all objections from henceforth, pre-empted and denied.