User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Well congragulations as you are the very first N I have ever met who actually would not mind being seen as a sensor let alone to even desire to be a sensor so that makes you unique!
    My type 4 self just wept at how extra special and unique I am.

Having nothing else to add, I will merely say this: It is quite gratifying to see some of the doubts about typologism come out of hiding, even if they can last for just a few moments before the usual clichés and inane assertions from RaptorWizard bury them again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Test pretty much suck for determining type. It's to be expected that tests based solely on the dichotomies will turn up INTJ or INFJ more often than is actually the case, since they're looking at the surface level and not the actual functions, which make them more rare.

I'm an INFJ and my first introduction to MBTI was at a seminar. I came out typed as ISTP. I was later typed as INTJ, though at that point I was pretty sure I was an INFJ. Next I was typed as an ENFP. Eventually it was agreed upon by myself and those two profilers that I am in fact an INFJ.

Dario Nardi, who does EEG research in combination with MBTI says that the person most capable of typing you correctly (short of doing an EEG scan) is yourself. This obviously requires a legitimate understanding of the types though - which is where most people go wrong. I'm highly intuitive but it still took a lot of study to get legitimately good at profiling.

Adding to the confusion around INTJ, Ni primaries in general are difficult to profile due to the way Ni interfaces with the other functions. They can often seem abstract to us, and therefore more difficult for a profile to accurately get a read on.

Your intuition is only as good as the quality and completeness of the information that goes into it. A lot of intuitives think that because they feel something that it's true, when it's actually based on limited or flawed information. Thus there are a lot of people (not that I've seen any here...) who mis-profile and end up typing themselves or others as INTJ for example, when they're not.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    Test pretty much suck for determining type. It's to be expected that tests based solely on the dichotomies will turn up INTJ or INFJ more often than is actually the case, since they're looking at the surface level and not the actual functions, which make them more rare.

I'm an INFJ and my first introduction to MBTI was at a seminar. I came out typed as ISTP. I was later typed as INTJ, though at that point I was pretty sure I was an INFJ. Next I was typed as an ENFP. Eventually it was agreed upon by myself and those two profilers that I am in fact an INFJ.

Dario Nardi, who does EEG research in combination with MBTI says that the person most capable of typing you correctly (short of doing an EEG scan) is yourself. This obviously requires a legitimate understanding of the types though - which is where most people go wrong. I'm highly intuitive but it still took a lot of study to get legitimately good at profiling.

Your intuition is only as good as the quality and completeness of the information that goes into it. A lot of intuitives think that because they feel something that it's true, when it's actually based on limited or flawed information. Thus there are a lot of people (not that I've seen any here...) who mis-profile and end up typing themselves or others as INTJ for example, when they're not.
    Yes, intuition run amok fuels baseless conspiracy theories, and other castles in the air. Aux Je function is needed for reality checking. The highlighted gets at the root of the question of how we identify our type, why I can never be sure of someone else's type, but why also it can be worthwhile to question (very carefully) someone else's type claim. This is not so much questioning who they are, but what they may understand about the type system.

I agree with the limited utility of tests. They have always typed me as INTJ, but I could not accept that until I could understand it, or perhaps more accurately, it was meaningless and therefore useless to me without that understanding. That developed only after much reading, reflection, and discussion with people who understand the system very well and are good at identifying types. That's the point: it is not a parlor game, but rather a tool for understanding. If someone is not doing their best to understand, what's the point.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

deleted

I think there are more mistyped as ISTJ that are INTJ. Tests and descriptions need to work on how they define intuition, because it's pretty common just not always imaginative or genius-looking.

MBTI
    yupp

good thing females have boobs and higher pitch voices because otherwise we'd go around going "I don't think you're female!" "Oh yeah?!" *takes of pants and underwear*
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Video Challenge! Not sure of your gender? Let us help type you!

seriously. we should have fotos in avatars and profile. i wouldn't mind. (but i don't care to stand out as the only one either)

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

People wanna be INTJs because they are associated with ruling the world and mastering the universe.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    good thing females have boobs and higher pitch voices because otherwise we'd go around going "I don't think you're female!" "Oh yeah?!" *takes of pants and underwear*
    I have known a couple of people who claim they can identify type as easily as most of us identify gender. I can't vouch for their track record, though.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have known a couple of people who claim they can identify type as easily as most of us identify gender. I can't vouch for their track record, though.
    delusional
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so