User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think it's because INTJs go with ENFPs so well that everyone just wants to get with ENFPs. In my unbiased opinion.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think it's because INTJs go with ENFPs so well that everyone just wants to get with ENFPs. In my unbiased opinion.
    says the ENFP
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

<3 And every enfp wants to be with an intj !
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

garbage

We already have about a billion page thread on that subject

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

...everyonesomeone just wants to get with an ENFPs. ...
    Fixed.

It's probably due to an abundance of STJ's having simultaneous crushes on ENFPs and trying to be sneaky.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    we see a lot of assertions that such-and-such a person is reaalllly type xxxx, only to change their own type to something else the next day.

How can you 'accurately' type if you don't have a solid frame of reference?
    Yes, there is alot of honest type uncertainty, honest in that the person is not putting on a pretense or trying to look cool, but still trying to understand the type system and perhaps themselves as well. As for why INTJ comes up so often during this learning process as a possible type - the difficulty of understanding Ni may be part of it, as well as Uumlau's ideas below:

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I see lots of people who are just simply nerdy (shy, essentially lives online, enjoys intellectual stuff) will type as INTJ and INTP. There is some glamor to the types (all the various celebrity types, which can spark some very silly arguments), but it's really just that the stereotypes match their self image.

I see INTJs occasionally mistyping as INTPs, because they don't feel like they have the orderliness of a J.
    I see ISTJs occasionally mistyping as INTJs, because they're intellectual and rather smart.
    I see INFJs occasionally mistyping as INTJs, because (as CF mentioned) they've developed a hard, cynical edge.
    I see ISTPs occasionally mistyping as INTJs, because they're more practical than INTPs.

I usually don't think it's because of the "coolness factor", though. Just an overall misconception of what the type means. If one thinks of type in a "result-oriented" way, then one is one's type because one fits the stereotype. If one thinks of type in a process-oriented way (as I do), then one is one's type because of how one thinks and processes information and ideas.
    I like this last distinction between outcome and process. Any type can do anything, behave in any way. It is how and why they do so that reveals their type.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 10-15-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: fixed quoting error
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes, there is alot of honest type uncertainty, honest in that the person is not putting on a pretense or trying to look cool, but still trying to understand the type system and perhaps themselves as well. As for why INTJ comes up so often during this learning process as a possible type - the difficulty of understanding Ni may be part of it, as well as Uumlau's ideas below:

I like this last distinction between outcome and process. Any type can do anything, behave in any way. It is how and why they do so that reveals their type.
    You and @uumlau made a great point here.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Any type can do anything, behave in any way. It is how and why they do so that reveals their type.
    Another vote for this being a great point! There's too much stereotyping based on the idea that certain types never (or always) act a certain way, follow certain careers, etc. It's much more about how/why they do or don't do it, than the mere fact that they do or don't do it.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Another vote for this being a great point! There's too much stereotyping based on the idea that certain types never (or always) act a certain way, follow certain careers, etc. It's much more about how/why they do or don't do it, than the mere fact that they do or don't do it.
    Yeah, and I sort of wonder if the source isn't the issue. Like the descriptions given on some types so that people equate, "Well, I am bookish, quiet, and I like to read up on intellectual pursuits... clearly I am an INxx!"

Or something.

When I first got typed as an INFP, I whined about how I wanted to be ISFP because they were entitled "the Artist" and I had this moment where I felt I couldn't possibly be an artist if I wasn't an S. (In my defense I was an emo 18 year old. )

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    When I first got typed as an INFP, I whined about how I wanted to be ISFP because they were entitled "the Artist" and I had this moment where I felt I couldn't possibly be an artist if I wasn't an S. (In my defense I was an emo 18 year old. )
    Well congragulations as you are the very first N I have ever met who actually would not mind being seen as a sensor let alone to even desire to be a sensor so that makes you unique!