First 1234 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

They can't get play otherwise so they wannabe raped by the enfps lol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I honestly don't care, except to say that you shouldn't bitch about others types unless you're 101% sure of yours
    You don't know that I am not.

If you are going to respond to an OP, though, you should respond to what was actually written. I am not "bitching" about anything, nor questioning any member's type, but rather initiating a discussion of Qlip's quoted comment. I invited people to question the premise if they disagree with it. That is not the same as questioning the type of any specific member, myself included.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You don't know that I am not.

If you are going to respond to an OP, though, you should respond to what was actually written. I am not "bitching" about anything, nor questioning any member's type, but rather initiating a discussion of Qlip's quoted comment. I invited people to question the premise if they disagree with it. This thread is not about me.
    ugh! I.am.asking.you.if.you're. sure. of, your. type
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The most common type on this forum is INTP so there may actually be more mistyped or wannabe INTPs on this site than INTJs.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think there needs to be more types because there is a sense of this mistyping for every category because they are too broad - there are different "types" of INTJs. MBTI's 16 types do not really cover it well enough. I could easily see four quadrants for each function instead of 2 because there is actually an element of external/internal perception and point of reference inherent to each function. Something like Tii, Tie, Tei, Tee. I could elaborate further because it would help to better delineate how T/F or N/S relate within an individual.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Unfortunately the glamour of INTJ's that has been built up in rumour....far outweighs the difficult reality of being an INTJ.

Im glad im not one.

Id say the reasons are pretty damn obvious though. Even the least needy of us have, deep down, a secret desire for affirmation in some form. I think @Amargith summed it up pretty well.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I honestly don't care, except to say that you shouldn't bitch about others types unless you're 101% sure of yours
    I'm pretty damned sure about mine. This isn't D&D, picking a type doesn't make you that type. While a type describes cognitive functions, which aren't always outwardly apparent, there are signs visible from the outside. Even if MBTI isn't a valid theory, just as an arbitrary classification system this is true.

I don't see why you should be upset about anybody questioning somebody's type unless it somehow is done in some way to be insulting. It should be helpful. I know people are attached to their identities, but let's not let 4 letters define your self worth.

People do seem to be enamored by INTJ, and wish to be it. I think it's a valid observation, and it's worth discussing.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm pretty damned sure about mine. This isn't D&D, picking a type doesn't make you that type. While a type describes cognitive functions, which aren't always outwardly apparent, there are signs visible from the outside. Even if MBTI isn't a valid theory, just as an arbitrary classification system this is true.

I don't see why you should be upset about anybody questioning somebody's type unless it somehow is done in some way to be insulting. It should be helpful. I know people are attached to their identities, but let's not let 4 letters define your self worth.

People do seem to be enamored by INTJ, and wish to be it. I think it's a valid observation, and it's worth discussing.
    I'm not upset and if you try to say i am i will stab you in the eyeballs
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I think I've just seen it a couple times... About as much as any other type. Maybe I'm not seeing the threads you're talking about.

Intjs are confusing... Maybe confused people naturally type as intj haha
    Interesting theory! Actually, I hardly ever question anyone's type because I don't feel I know anyone well enough to do so, especially online. I prefer to assume each of us knows ourselves best, though that is probably not always a correct assumption. I have read enough references to people being mistyped, especially people claiming to be INTJ who are not, or people wishing they were INTJ, that after reading Qlip's post, I decided to ask specifically about this phenomenon. Is it even real, and if so, what drives it. Some of the replies make pertinent observations.

ugh! I.am.asking.you.if.you're. sure. of, your. type
    Why? You said you didn't care. If someone has reason to question my type, I would be interested in hearing it. As I said, though, this thread is not about me.

*If you really are interested, read this rather than derailing.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Unfortunately the glamour of INTJ's that has been built up in rumour....far outweighs the difficult reality of being an INTJ.

Im glad im not one.

Id say the reasons are pretty damn obvious though. Even the least needy have, deep down, a secret desire for affirmation in some form. I think @Amargith summed it up pretty well.
    Why is it not just as affirming to be viewed as having the people skills of an ENF, or the artistic sensibilities of an ISFP, or the leadership ability of an ENJ? Every type has positive qualities. I don't see any glamour in being an INTJ. It does make it easy to get alot done, but at a sometimes significant cost. To continue the D&D metaphor, no type has 18 on all its attributes.