• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anti-types a humorous study in the types that repell you

What types, when you have issues, do you generally have them with?

• Total voters

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
This is just for fun, but I've noticed that there is a pattern in types that I don't mesh with. Those types being:

ISTP: My husband's father and his friend are both ISTPs and until I married him I hadn't had close contact with them. They both loathe me. I know this sounds like I'm pushing it all off, but they are truly nutters, crazy conspiracy theorists that go on 2 hour talking tirades about uncogent...inane. It's horrible. My husband's father thinks I'm not enough of the classic wife, and not good enough for him, (the fact that he was physically abusive to his own wife, stole diaper money for drinking and made my mother in law be the bread winner doesn't cross his mind at this point.) Apparently a woman has to work, completely take care of the children by herself, have the house immaculate at all times and do it in lipstick and heels with no opinions whatsoever....and that is like bahahahahahahaha not me.
Obviously this isn't the standard on ISTP, but it's a good story. In truth, I'm not sure what goes wrong, so I'm curious if other ENFP's have similar issues? I would like to know so I can bridge the gap, as I know a few others that I would hate to alienate on accident.

ENTP's: I have a hard time with ENTP's. I'm super sorry. I actually have a brother in law that is an ENTP and he's the greatest, but even he irks on the point that they want other people to do their work for them, they spout out little fallacies as fact and have gotten away with it so much they think no one will notice. They're always smart, and always nice-it's just they always want to pull you into something and you have to find a way to decline doing their work for them -which is awkward for me. ( I know this super crazy ENTP that is, I kid you not, in looks, voice, mannerism, everything the specter of the necromancer from The Venture Bros. and it is hilarious- until he get emotionally unstable when you disagree with him.)

ESTJ: I am sitting and thinking. It is glorious, it is energizing, it is the reason I have the signature I do. It does not mean that I need to be busy. I recognize that being busy makes you happy, but I am busy, you just don't see it. My oldest sister is this type, so maybe it's family dynamics too? It makes me feel like suffocating when every ounce of the day is planned and not just planned -jammed full of constant activity. I can't handle it. She visited for 3 weeks and I actually had a nervous breakdown when she left. I can't share my ideas, I hate sharing my feelings anyway, and I'm stuck doing thing after thing after thing after thing. Horror.
On top of it, I'm being told what to do the entire time -directed so that we can get through it all and onto the next task. The zoo...wouldn't it be nice to just chill rather than rush through?
Also, I'm a fricking ENFP DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DOOOOO!
heheh. Then, to sum up: when I tell you I want something, or want to do something a certain way, I do. I don't want you to rearrange it for me because it's nonsensical for you.

Hm, I kinda feel mean. I love everyone, and I'm not so much talking about general types as I am about types I've had issues with in the past. I do know people of all types I like, but there are only certain ones I have issues with when they arise...does that make sense?

Arkigos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
xxx
I don't usually complain.....

....but....

... I rarely get along with NJ types.

You're right, we're wrong... we get it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find it hard not to annoy FeTi types in general. Either I'm adapting to them and we all get along or I am myself and they tell me that it is impossible to live with me :shrug:

T

The Iron Giant

ENFPs and ENTPs, but that's hardly a universal, as I have really liked some of both in the past, though even those sometimes suddenly and inexplicably decide I'm a terrible person mid-conversation and stop being my friend. It just seems like when someone is overwhelming me or really driving me up the wall, they turn out to be Ne dom. A lot of people seem to think that Ne doms are super likeable, but I find Se doms fit that description far more often, especially ESFPs. I have yet to meet a confirmed (self-typed) ESFP, online or in real life, who wasn't a really cool, genuine, sweet person. My closest IRL friend is ESFP, and one of my closest online friends is ESTP, but my sample of each is significantly larger.

While I recognize that ISTPs are considered by many people to be very insensitive and not particularly likeable, I find them funny and likeable far more often than I find them annoying, often for their directness and insensitivity. Still, I don't think I'd want to date one.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh: I contemplated putting in SJs but did not want to add to the stereotype, but yes..SJs seem to have trouble with my way of..'being', especially when I'm feeling hyper :alttongue:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I voted for everyone, i want to share the love.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate every type that isn't my own.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
INTP,s/INTJ's and oddly enough, (or perhaps not), INFP's.

Arkigos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
xxx
I suspect INFJ and ESFP are going to walk out of this one most unscathed. Who could hate ESFPs? Also, as I was checking off all the NJ types my hand wavered over INFJ. I couldn't do it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect INFJ and ESFP are going to walk out of this one most unscathed. Who could hate ESFPs? Also, as I was checking off all the NJ types my hand wavered over INFJ. I couldn't do it.
I don't hate ESFPs (won't waste the energy), but I find both ESFs particularly irritating and aggravating, each in their own way.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
J's in general. For the most part. I'm trying though to get over it.

ygolo

My termites win
I don't usually complain.....

....but....

... I rarely get along with NJ types.

You're right, we're wrong... we get it.

I usually deal with people who I think most people on this site would categorize and NTJs. I would not characterize my interactions with them as "not getting along", but simply disagreeing vehemently. (I'll use Myers-Briggs language despite my belief, now, that most of it is BS).

NTs:
Usually, the vehement disagreement starts of with my Ne disagreeing with their Ni in some way. After which, we go "to battle" with Ti vs. Te. I find this process great fun and invigorating (win or lose), and I believe the other party feels the same way. In matters of math (where logical proofs can be made), or experimental science (where experiments can be done and observations made), we come out learning a lot.

My discomforting interactions with most NT types are like this, but with NTPs, its very symmetrical, and I find that both of us end up "playing both sides" so to speak...the disagreement quickly switches to a collaborative analysis rather than a point-counterpoint format.

NFs:
With NFJs, the disagreements start of the same way as with NTJs, but usually leads to a Ti vs. Fe dance of some sort. This is a process, I usually find confusing, often frustrating, and sometimes deeply enlightening. I have come to realize than NFJs use words, and posit ontologies that are dramatically different from my own...to the point I almost want to call them insane, sometimes.

But, I usually have to step back, and just get used to trying to interpret things in a very metaphorical, fuzzy, sense...the context matters, a lot, but the details don't matter (or at least they don't seem to). I find I have to somehow make a twist of definitions (often in inconsistent ways) to make sense of what is said.

By analogy, imagine if you had to decode this sentence when spoken (instead of written): "In the days of yore, you're too oft off to two areas of loose marbles to lose, too." That's the way many of the things NFJs say sound to me. But, I can't do it justice. Usually there is the same number of (seemingly unnecessary/whimsical) context/meaning switching, but at a more abstract level. It's like a driver being unaware or willfully being ignorant of lanes, and just driving around in front of you with no way to figure out which lane (s)he is going to stay in. When I know the situation is safe, this can actually be a lot of fun. The problem comes in when they are arguing or getting angry with me.

My interactions with NFs in general are similar, but with NFPs, I can usually track the external stimulus that leads them to switch contexts (change conceptual lanes, so to speak). But they also tend to follow moral codes that are for lack of better words, relativistic and selfish (perhaps NFPs can suggest more palatable terms). This isn't true of all NFPs of course (and some NFPs I know are people of the highest character and reliability). But most of the time, my disagreements with NFPs are about things like this. I'm not a altruist by any measure, but sometimes it seems like anything goes with NFPs, as long as they get what they want.

(For completeness, I'll discuss my disagreements with other temperaments. I suppose.)
SPs
With SFPs in particular, my disagreements are usually a matter of life philosophies. I am not a strongly conscientious individual, but I do like to plan out what I do before I do it. I like to understand the situations I will be encountering, and have working theories about what might happen in different situations, and what response would be ideal from me given anticipated stimuli. In many situations, I even like to think out loud about a situation before I act.

This is frustrating for many SFPs. They tend to believe that I am being pretentious, wasting my time, and that I would do much better if I just used my instincts rather than formulate strategies or use probability theory. But to me, they seem like they are saying that they know what card is going to show up next by just feeling it (which seem ripe for the Gambler's Conceit). So in a way, both of us have the attitude that we are overestimating the value of our respective arenas, and undervaluing the others. Sort of a Strategy vs. Tactics thing.

With STPs, the theme is still a Strategy vs. Tactics difference. But there is an additional dimension of holistic vs. specific goal setting (Here I prefer more holistic goal setting, while STPs like more concrete goals). Since both of us have a Thinking preference, this makes for an interesting dynamic. Both of us can accuse the other of being more "froo-froo" for different reasons. I can accuse the STP of not thinking things out well, while the STP can accuse me of not making a clear goal. If our disagreement is about something technical, or the need to get something accomplished, this can either devolve into a mess, or evolve into one of the fastest high-quality collaborations I've had.

SJs
To be honest, I get along really well with SFJs and STJs. If there is any sort of disagreement, it would be about how we might share an apartment or an office...but the only apartments I've shared with SJ's had a common area where my mess was never seen. I know better.

Swiko

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't have problems with really any type in particular... I consider myself easy to get along with. It's more specific people who I don't get along with--I can have problems with one person of whatever type and get along completely with someone else who has that same type. Though, generally, I don't get along well with most of the ESFPs I know.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Nah, there was a whole lot of INFJ hate around here recently. But I think it's receding...the fashion is moving on again. I'm not sure who is most hated currently. To be fair, I think when I was first here INFJs were viewed in a pretty rosy manner and there were reports of INFPs being told they should be more like INFJs, and such... :dry:

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Basically anybody who disagrees with me.:D

Jokes aside, SJ types are probably my least favourite, but I wouldn't say I 'hate them': that would require me to hate my brother and father.:D

deleted
I don't see how I can dislike any certain type. This typology doesn't deal with what I may dislike about people, as I get good vibes from every type depending on who it is.

I usually get great vibes from my socionics dual, but this in part is due to familiarizing myself with them. You know, a lot of people don't know they have a dual.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
For me this depends less on the type and more on the person. For example, I used to think I had a problem with INTJs, but then I realized I've met both good and bad INTJs.