User Tag List

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Default Psychetypes by Michael Malone

Is anyone familiar with Michael Malone's work on measuring personality according to how one perceives time and space?

Space: Volcanic, Aethereal, Territorial, Oceanic. [volcanic (concrete), ethereal (abstract), territorial
    (structured), oceanic (without boundaries)]

Time: Intuitive & Sensing (discontinuous), Thinking & Feeling (continuous).
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

Enneagram
    9w8

Zelo,

Just want to say that even though I have not, I think it is an interesting concept and likely holds at least some validity.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Zelo,

Just want to say that even though I have not, I think it is an interesting concept and likely holds at least some validity.
    Thank you for that. I've ordered the book on interloan so hopefully I'll be able to post something more about this in a couple of weeks' time. There's just one copy in the whole of the NZ library system - and I cannot find anything online which doesn't link back to the original book. So - looks like decidedly not mainstream. But, as you say, that doesn't mean it has no validity.

I first came into contact with this work even before I'd heard of the MBTI - so that was pre-1989.
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

MBTI
    entj
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Wonderful question and good understanding of what you read. Let me help you integrate with Enneagram, Walter Lowen's Dichotomies, and the time and space with Max Luscher's 4 Color Person. (I'm not really an ENTJ or an 8 just had to fill them/something in to register).
    Sincerely Sylph
    and hope to hear from you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I first became interested in MBTI after reading this book in 1981. I got it in one of those little book sections at the supermarket. It was similar to MBTI,but not as popular. The types were TR (thinking territorial) TA (thinking aethereal) SV (sensation volcanic) IO (intuitive oceanic) and so on: there were 16 psychetypes in all. Since then I would sometimes try to type people I knew based on this book. I first came across the MBTI only three years ago. Maureen Quilligan's (Michael Malone wrote the book) psychetypes is a really good expansion of the MBTI, I dont know if anyone else expanded on this in more and more depth.
    That which does not kill me, improves my looks. - Michael Jackson