User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Default Depressants & The N Function

I've noticed that when my father--an ISTJ (thus Si is most dominant and Ne least so)--drinks alcohol, his N function begins to be more and more apparent and stronger relative to the amount of alcohol drunk. Is there any connection?
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    I've noticed that when my father--an ISTJ (thus Si is most dominant and Ne least so)--drinks alcohol, his N function begins to be more and more apparent and stronger relative to the amount of alcohol drunk. Is there any connection?

I think being drunk makes people let go of inhibitions (or simply gives them an excuse to let them go). You feel freer to use functions you are otherwise less confidant using because there is sort of a disconnect from reality and self-consciousness. I definitely use Fe way more when intoxicated

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I think being drunk makes people let go of inhibitions (or simply gives them an excuse to let them go). You feel freer to use functions you are otherwise less confidant using because there is sort of a disconnect from reality and self-consciousness. I definitely use Fe way more when intoxicated
    ^ This.

Plus, it's a hallmark of STJs that they get more silly and random (via Ne) when they're more comfortable with you -- especially ISTJs, who definitely seem to have a "silly switch" in certain situations, e.g. when with close friends, in a good mood, and/or when intoxicated.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ This.

Plus, it's a hallmark of STJs that they get more silly and random (via Ne) when they're more comfortable with you -- especially ISTJs, who definitely seem to have a "silly switch" in certain situations, e.g. when with close friends, in a good mood, and/or when intoxicated.

I love the SJ silly switch. IME People who are somewhat ....uptight.... usually say really hilarious insanely weird/dark things when they are comfortable enough. It's the best.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Interesting, ive thought about making a topic about this for a while now. Myself I tend to get far more involved in my immediate environment and I react and joke on the fly at lot more smoothly than I normally would.

I also dance, but sometimes that doesn't require alcohol or other depresssants.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.