• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Depressants & The N Function

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed that when my father--an ISTJ (thus Si is most dominant and Ne least so)--drinks alcohol, his N function begins to be more and more apparent and stronger relative to the amount of alcohol drunk. Is there any connection?

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've noticed that when my father--an ISTJ (thus Si is most dominant and Ne least so)--drinks alcohol, his N function begins to be more and more apparent and stronger relative to the amount of alcohol drunk. Is there any connection?

I think being drunk makes people let go of inhibitions (or simply gives them an excuse to let them go). You feel freer to use functions you are otherwise less confidant using because there is sort of a disconnect from reality and self-consciousness. I definitely use Fe way more when intoxicated

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think being drunk makes people let go of inhibitions (or simply gives them an excuse to let them go). You feel freer to use functions you are otherwise less confidant using because there is sort of a disconnect from reality and self-consciousness. I definitely use Fe way more when intoxicated
^ This.

Plus, it's a hallmark of STJs that they get more silly and random (via Ne) when they're more comfortable with you -- especially ISTJs, who definitely seem to have a "silly switch" in certain situations, e.g. when with close friends, in a good mood, and/or when intoxicated.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ This.

Plus, it's a hallmark of STJs that they get more silly and random (via Ne) when they're more comfortable with you -- especially ISTJs, who definitely seem to have a "silly switch" in certain situations, e.g. when with close friends, in a good mood, and/or when intoxicated.

I love the SJ silly switch. IME People who are somewhat ....uptight.... usually say really hilarious insanely weird/dark things when they are comfortable enough. It's the best.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Interesting, ive thought about making a topic about this for a while now. Myself I tend to get far more involved in my immediate environment and I react and joke on the fly at lot more smoothly than I normally would.

I also dance, but sometimes that doesn't require alcohol or other depresssants.