User Tag List

Default What's her type? Or maybe she's a mental?

Lately I have been doubting my deductions about this person's type (MBTI!), so I'm going to make a list of various observations throughout the years. Feel free to skim through if you don't feel like reading the whole thing, or perhaps if I should be tying this to some mental illness instead...

She:

Is hard-working.
    Doesn't mind to overdo what she's asked to do (tasks at job).
    Takes up any task she's asked to take by her boss.
    Always accepts to help anyone (co-workers) if asked to, but doesn't go out of her way to offer help.
    When she accepts to help someone, she often complains that she "has" to help them, with an argument "well I can't refuse, can I?"
    Loves to brag on how she's helped someone.
    Hates when the person who she helped doesn't express his gratitude in many ways; thinks they are ungrateful.
    Even though she may hate the person who asked for help for the reason above, she will still help them - if it's after a week, when she neglects to act on her promises to "never help them again."
    Thinks people do her favors, when all they do is favors for themselves or simply doing their job.
    Thinks she does people favors when it's common sense to act that way, or when her job requires her to.
    Is in constant need for a man (not for sex), main goal being to inherit (and get) money. Possibly to talk as well.
    Doesn't have many friends, mainly socializing with her (ex-)co-workers, and little of that.
    Doesn't drink or smoke, unless socially "required" to.
    Asks how she looks.
    Wants to look good, and can even wake up 2-3 hours early to do her best to be so.
    Complains about what she does, even though she could not do it if she didn't want to.
    Says that she would love any job, but believes that there is no enjoyable job in the world, neither for her nor anybody else. Stating that there is is equivalent to being "mad."
    Believes that some even has or hasn't happen, even if told otherwise and the facts are indicating otherwise. Example would be saying something when she hasn't, or doing something when she didn't do it, or someone else doing (or saying) something when they didn't.
    Can say "I just know it intuitively" and be completely wrong.
    Often over-thinks stuff to give it some odd and unrealistic reason.
    Complains to others (strangers or not) about her life.
    Has a lot of books, used to read a lot when was younger.
    Uses drugs to get through various situations (something's bad with a relative, etc.). And by drugs I mean prescribed, very light, tablets by a doctor (like Valerian). I'm not sure how these things are usually called in the US.
    Is paranoid about something bad happening to anyone, even afraid going out after dark or letting her kid out when it's dark. She does it, but is afraid of it, even if it's just taking out the trash.

Often is very manipulative. For example, manipulating in a way of "well, I don't want you to do it, but it would be nice... But I don't want you to do it." Or pretending that there's something really wrong with her "Oh, I'm really tired, but I have to do it." Or "I did all this stuff for you and now you don't wanna help me." Various kinds of manipulatory ways, very various. Also tends to want to make others to feel bad for her.

Since she didn't get many toys, etc. when she was young, she doesn't want her kids to as well.
    Since she was "made" to get a job when she was young, she wants her kid to do the same.
    Believes that she is an "amazing" mom, the best there is or could possibly be.
    Thinks that the kid should literally pay her back the money that she's spend rising him.
    Is ready to go to the court to dispute things like the money the kid "has" to pay her. Or that her parents left their house both for her and her children - she thinks that the house should belong solely to her.
    Since her kid wasn't a good student, he was constantly going to therapists, but not to talk to him, but to diagnose him. Therapists were switched if they have found nothing.
    She seems to have a plan on how to do anything to her kid (take the house for example), with the relation that he, after a lot of visits to a lot of different psychotherapists, was diagnosed with a "very easy" case of something.

Makes a lot of promises but almost never acts upon them, whether it's a bad or a good promise. When confronted about not acting upon the promise, implies that you shouldn't expect her to, as it's "just a promise."

Believes in magical stuff like rocks, horoscopes, energy, etc..
    Doesn't believe in god.
    Believes in some sort of karma (not the usual stuff).
    Can get caught carrying around a magic rock, or celebrating her birthday another week just because it's "bad" to celebrate it earlier.

Is paranoid about being "controlled" and "terrorized," by which she can mean something as simple as asking "what are you doing?" or "are you gonna go to ... tomorrow?" And terrorized by talking about... Anything, and disagreeing with her opinion, even if she's started the discussion.

Her home is very untidy, the stuff is scattered all over the place.
    Very unclean: doesn't wash the dishes until there are no more clean dishes, doesn't wash the floor until it's noticeably dusty/muddy, doesn't put things in an organized manner.
    Buys stuff she doesn't need for "future use" and just puts them somewhere around the house randomly (even on the table besides her bed). They can stay there for literally years, unpacked (on the very same table by her bed too). They can be as small as a toothbrush or as big as an electric stove.

Literally thinks that people who have different opinion than she does are mentals and should be held in mental institutions. Those people may posses the following traits: using foul language, spitting, not caring about their looks, being open-minded, being open, not caring about others, having body piercings, having tattoos, not doing good at school, deeply believing in god, driving motorbikes, liking extreme sports, liking heavy music, doing drugs, brawling, being athletes for team sports, watching action or thriller movies; the list goes on.

I bet I could think of more stuff, but I've already given MANY observations to work on. Too many, anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Just wondering -- is she your mom?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Just wondering -- is she your mom?
    I don't see how my relation to this woman may be related to her type and/or mental condition.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I don't see how my relation to this woman may be related to her type and/or mental condition.
    Well, I was just curious

My feeling is that there's a lot of judgement in how you described her. Maybe it will help if you try to describe her positive qualities as well to help balance things out.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Well, I was just curious

My feeling is that there's a lot of judgement in how you described her. Maybe it will help if you try to describe her positive qualities as well to help balance things out.
    I'm not 12, if she was my mom, I'm still too old to judge her like you have in mind.

And I have.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Well, I was just curious

That's what I thought reading that.

I also thought it was a pretty lengthy post with a lot of observation.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

ISFJ, a type I know oh too well.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

ESFJ

I chose E over I because I think her dominant function is Fe and "Is in constant need for a man (not for sex), main goal being to inherit (and get) money. Possibly to talk as well."
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    ESFJ

I chose E over I because I think her dominant function is Fe and "Is in constant need for a man (not for sex), main goal being to inherit (and get) money. Possibly to talk as well."
    There are a lot of other, better reasons to think E (although some decent reasons to think "I" as well).

For example, it seems pretty clear the woman is an SFJ from the first half of the post, but typically the kind of personal disarray described in the latter part is more an E thing where the E is so outward directed into activities and other lives that her own internal life is overlooked. Still, I've even known a few ISFJs who basically if they can't keep up with all the responsibilities end up letting the private organization go to pot as well.

Since there's no real indication of the types of stress pressures and other atypical circumstances that could result in said behavior, I can only really say SFJ for certain right now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Well either she's under stress for years without a break, or stress isn't involved (much) here.

In any case... I know an ISFJ - he is much nicer to people and thrives for time alone. She doesn't, she likes talking to people. So my deduction was ESFJ. But I got thrown off by a few aspects (as people have mentioned as well) that I have observed recently, as well as taking into account the possibility that she may have a mental condition(s).

I see nobody has mentioned that behavior described in the second half of the text. Is that "okay" for an ESFJ, or perhaps an ISFJ? The other ISFJ I know is much nicer and more controlling. He also doesn't have all these odd behaviors.