• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cultural Values Affecting MBTI Tests

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you tell what personality traits in a person are defined from the culture they come from and what is actually them?

If a person values traits/decision making processes associated with thinkers, whether culturally influenced or due to adaptation to life, does that make them a T?

I ask because there is a Russian I am trying to type, but it is extremely difficult for me. I've also met other people from different countries, and they are always harder to type because I am constantly trying to figure out what has been instilled on them through upbringing and what is naturally there. This relates a little bit to the "are we born a set type" debate.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As a note: he is reserved with emotions (but randomly playful) but very, very concerned about respect, and making a good impression. Very clean cut, and rather snarky. The thing that sticks out the most in my mind is the level of pure control he exudes.

wolfy

awsm
Would it really matter? Your culture molds your personality somewhat.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would it really matter? Your culture molds your personality somewhat.

Exactly the sort of opinions I am looking for.

G

Ginkgo

Every person of the same type is born with the exact same worldview. Any deviation from this rule causes mental retardation, and in extreme cases, hardcore liberalism.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes cultural values affect the scores, thats why they have slightly modified version for chinese and to some others also i think. problem really is on the faulty measuring methods that those type assessments use.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we're born a set type, there's not much at all that nurture can do to mess with our type. look at the Jim Twins