User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Inferior Function - Eruptions, Relaxation, Examples

Video with examples of inferior eruptions, when it is used for relaxation, and a general explanation of the inferior the function. Feedback and discussion welcome!

Channel for more MBTI videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1?feature=mhee

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

So then, what would an Ne dom under stress using their inferior function of Si, look like?

Like a fat Irish goblin.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

When you describe it this way, INTP makes the most sense for me; even though I am highly Fe, I have a lot of trouble with it, especially in periods of stress where I succumb to my feelings. I also find I use Fe to relax, particularly when listening to music or around family and friends.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So then, what would an Ne dom under stress using their inferior function of Si, look like?
    Hey, haven't seen you in awhile.

Inferior Si under stress would look like: ENxP becomes quite defensive over not knowing enough facts, not having enough details, not knowing what is needed, not having the right details, or the right preparation, etc. And they may try compensate for this by throwing out details and figures to try to show that they are in the know or are prepared. Someone who really knows their stuff might see through this. Does this make sense?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    When you describe it this way, INTP makes the most sense for me; even though I am highly Fe, I have a lot of trouble with it, especially in periods of stress where I succumb to my feelings. I also find I use Fe to relax, particularly when listening to music or around family and friends.
    An INTJ would obsess over details that aren't relevant to the big picture. INTP would see the world as making unjustified judgements against him/her (just one example).

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    An INTJ would obsess over details that aren't relevant to the big picture. INTP would see the world as making unjustified judgements against him/her (just one example).
    Right I've come to this conclusion about myself, thanks for your help.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    Hey, haven't seen you in awhile.

Inferior Si under stress would look like: ENxP becomes quite defensive over not knowing enough facts, not having enough details, not knowing what is needed, not having the right details, or the right preparation, etc. And they may try compensate for this by throwing out details and figures to try to show that they are in the know or are prepared. Someone who really knows their stuff might see through this. Does this make sense?
    The details part makes a lot of sense. However, the part about not having enough facts, sounds more like it would apply to ENFP's rather than ENTP's: it seems like Te would be more concerned with facts, not Ti.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I think INxJ would forego sensual pleasure. Like the asceticism of the greeks of old or the priests/nuns of the church taking vows of celibacy
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Doctorjuice

I find it very ironic how you described how the ISTP would use their inferior function under stress. You said that the ISTP may just explode with rage out of nowhere and just punch someone in the face after having an extremely stressful day and use inferior Fe. This sounds very similar to how someone with a 9w8 gut fix would react under stress. People with a 9w8 fix avoid conflict, then try to avoid it some more, then they just explode on someone (but not necessarily violently). It would make sense then that many ISTP types tend to have 9w8 and 8w9 gut fixes.