User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Default Sensors that think they are Intuitives?

So there is this fellow I met, who scored pretty balanced on the test I gave him (just the short one on similar minds) and he got ENxP (50/50 T/F). I would have typed him as an ISFP initially. He doesn't really spell correctly and he speaks less abstractly than I do (I think).

So how do you tell when someone is truly a sensor? Functions test?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

bunch of sfj males on here think they're ntps.
    very, very funny. and they all kinda flock
    together.
    Last edited by mmhmm; 10-03-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: i changed 'men' to 'males'
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

When they don't think of anything new. Not not think/new, but not think new

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Functions test?
    Yeah. That's what I do. Trying to figure out who's more creative or innovative or philosophical just leads to stereotyping and, in the end, mistyping.

I know an INFJ, for example, who HATES talking about philosophy, because she doesn't think there's a "point" to it. From how she communicates with people she doesn't know well, I'm certain she would have been mistyped as ISFJ by the forum. But if you look into Ni/Se vs. Si/Ne, you'll see that she's really nothing like an ISFJ.

I also know of the reverse happening, i.e. a Sensor types themselves as being iNtuitive because they've heard through the grapevine that if you're capable of critical thinking, abstract thinking, or philosophical discussions that last longer than ten minutes, then you're an N. (This friend is ISTP and thought she was INTJ.)

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    bunch of sfj males on here think they're ntps.
    very, very funny. and they all kinda flock
    together.
    I want names!!!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx

Perhaps because, especially when we are young, we want to be seen as unique and creative. I think that short descriptions of N skew quite positive while short descriptions of S can sometimes be negative (perhaps because the abstract systemic nature of Typing makes it more an N sport and we can be quite elitist at times by our very nature). I think, too, that people aren't taught that EVERYONE is an N just as EVERYONE is an S - we "N" folk just have it prioritized higher. Some of my best Ne conversations take place with my intelligent and highly receptive SJ friends. They are Ne, after all. So, I think people often think, "Hey, I am creative.. I enjoy abstract creative discussion! I must be an N! Ns are cool!" - when in reality they are only creative to supplement their, say, Fe Si primary and secondary.

It's understandable, we just have to make sure to extoll the real virtues of S and remind people that even if they have N functions.... not to quit their day job.

Riva

It's probably when one reads the descriptions and not the tests that confusesPeople. The descriptions of certain sensor typer on certain/most sites are rather sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    bunch of sfj males on here think they're ntps.very, very funny. and they all kinda flock together.
    Who are these people?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

For me identifieing abstract thinkers and feelers works easily, cause I myself speak so abstract and clutterminded, generally am missing words and jump from topic to topic and backforth. N people understand me without much words needed to be spoken.

But its no idiotproof method, I have met a lot of S people as well, who have learnt over time to speak my language and are intrested in my person. While there are sure N people who hold back and dont talk much. Usually tho I am bogged down daily by the stupidity of people; but thats not a S or N problem, thats more because the majority of people in my hometown are just stupid, nerving and needless...
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

As I repped to someone a few minutes ago...it does kind of amuse me that hardly anyone comes on this site asking "Am I an ISTJ or an ISFJ?" Or even, "Am I an ISTP or an INTP?"

It's ALWAYS "Am I an INFJ or an INTJ?" or "Am I ENFP or ENFJ?", etc.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING