• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mathematics of personality type

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been thinking about this for awhile and how to formulate it, but it seems obvious that the functions are related to each other in such a way that they are "conflictory" in terms of being able to be expressed simultaneously initially. So we can write them as functions in terms of each other with the various types having different formulations. Instead of getting bogged down in terminology like differentiating INTPs from INTJs, I think we could say for all practical purposes that INTx is similar to one another in a way that perhaps ESFxs are etc. So you can begin creating simple relationships such as NTs having higher intuition and impersonal logic skills compared to direct sensory and relational logic skills.

So in initial rules we can say something simple like F(t) ∝ to k[1/F(f)^x], F(n) ∝ K[1/F(s)^x], ... where x is a factor of time poured into the function and k is a constant of factors that impact the development of the function

So Intj would be proportional to F(i),F(n), F(t). However, the relationships set up by Jung also imply F(n) for example can be related to F(e) or F(i).

So the relationship between F(n) and F(i) can be directly or inversely proportional multiplied by various factors.

However, we all seem to agree that as a person develops over time they can use their various life skills, experience, etc to compensate for their weaknesses.

{{class right now will continue later}}

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh great not only have the psychologists of today substituted behaviors with functions but they have even substituted functions for numbers!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So you can begin creating simple relationships such as NTs having higher intuition and impersonal logic skills compared to direct sensory and relational logic skills.

I'm not sure I understand what numbers tell us here that cannot be deduced from the letters themselves.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you should break it down so casual arithmetic-ers (e.g people who just tie their shoelaces) can have a read. So is NP greater than SJ? :D