User Tag List

123 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default When Feeling is violated, what does it look like? Fi vs. Fe

Disclaimer: Ok, I did a search and didn't find a similar thread. If there is one, feel free to let me know.

So we all know that feeling types can get very emotional when their feeling function feels threatened or their values are violated. When this happens, what does it look like in Fi users versus Fe users? When they are under stress, feeling victimized, judging others, feeling protective, getting an attitude, telling someone off, going postal etc., how are the functions distinguished and how does it vary by type?

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

This is an interesting topic.

I'd say that if I'm hurt by others I use my Fi to look at the situation. I have to think about it a bit and weigh all the values involved, but once I come to a conclusion.... shazaam. I can be ruthless in then displaying my moral judgment in front of others others... social norms be damned.

The things that stand out to me in what I just said is that

#1) I don't usually make snap decisions. There is a period of weighing the options and culling out extraneous things before I reach a judgment.
    #2) Once my judgment is reached I am very firm in it. I don't care what the social consequences are. Right is right.

I'd love to see if any other Fi users identify with what I wrote... and how Fe users differ. I'm guessing that an Fe user would reach an Fe judgment much quicker than I would reach an Fi judgment. I'd also expect that an Fe user would not place being right in such a superior position to potential social fallout. In other words, what would seem right to an Fe-user would by definition take into account social consequences.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^^^ Yup, when Fi is violated, Te comes out and makes it right.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

wish i can contribute but im usually the one doing the unwittingly doing the violating :P

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    ^^^ Yup, when Fi is violated, Te comes out and makes it right.
    That's well said. So true.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm not always clear on delineating between Fi and Fe, but I will say that irl when someone hurts me I get really confused in the moment and withdraw or maintain the status quo of the moment until I can understand what happened. I then analyze any situation that confused me until I can come up with plausible explanations. If someone else has been violated, I will be more likely to go on the attack towards the perpetrator because as the natural observer, it is clearer to me what happened.

I will also tend to mirror communication style, so I am much more aggressive towards aggressive people when a conflict must ensue. I feel like I can attack with Te if needed in certain situations - although it tends to be towards people claiming objectivity but being the equivalent of a hypocrite about it. Maybe it is because I hesitate to make the claim of objectivity because I see how difficult it is to achieve, and have a certain respect for it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes oneandonly, Glint liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I'd say that if I'm hurt by others I use my Fi to look at the situation. I have to think about it a bit and weigh all the values involved, but once I come to a conclusion.... shazaam. I can be ruthless in then displaying my moral judgment in front of others others... social norms be damned.
    Yes, me too.

I am quick to call people out and truth-say in front of anyone. I generally do not feel like people who are blatantly violating ethics deserve the benefit of having their violations soothed behind closed doors. My goal is typically to get the plain truth out for all to hear, because once it is out in the open, situations tend to right themselves. I typically have no personal desire to be judge nor executioner - just loud-mouthed press.

MBTI
    eNFJ

Go ahead, take your best shot at me and let's see what happens when you violate Fe. Don't be shy. I'll give you a running start.
    - MB

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

?

And yeah the FiTe thing is good. I've known INFJs that run down on everything you've done wrong (Fe-Ti), which feels more like being told off than FiTe.
    Likes Rambling liked this post

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ms.behaving View Post
    Go ahead, take your best shot at me and let's see what happens when you violate Fe. Don't be shy. I'll give you a running start.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Oh wait, that would offend Fi...uh, your friend is ugly!