• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ne doms are the typical "ideas" people. ENTP would probably be number 1.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJs don't get many ideas, they can work on one idea all their life, especially if it's something that pays good.
This is incorrect.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yea, but ENTPs don't work on their ideas, they drop them. Possible exception is if someone is keeping them working on them.

I would've expected to see an explanation after this statement. I still expect (hope? :D) to see in your next reply.

No, once ENTP's actually do get a grip on what they want to do in life, they can really achieve great things. It's just grounding that the ENTP initially has problems with.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yea, but ENTPs don't work on their ideas, they drop them. Possible exception is if someone is keeping them working on them.

I would've expected to see an explanation after this statement. I still expect (hope? :D) to see in your next reply.

No, once ENTP's actually do get a grip on what they want to do in life, they can really achieve great things. It's just grounding that the ENTP initially has problems with.

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
This is incorrect.

I concur.

I am an INTJ married to an ENTJ and we have an INTP adult child.

In our family, I come up with an idea. My adult child and I brainstorm and perfect the idea as much as possible. We approach my husband and he gets down to the nuts and bolts of implementation. The three of us work together focusing on the creation. Once the project is done we don't care who gets the credit. The only thing that matters is the creation and working in an orderly fashion. I don't know what type needs credit.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't shy away from recognition, but I'm definately not stuck on it. Having the idea in itself is sufficient for me. I don't even need it to get to fruition per se.

Probably more my enneagram talking though.

W

WALMART

You're silly, to expect an explaination, and you're still INTP.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I got ideas from bigger pictures, as wide as i can see. I'm an innovative person, I can use the ideas in trouble shooting (in my own ways).

A

Anew Leaf

By that I mean people who live to get their ideas out. People who have various ideas and want to see them done, maybe not by them, but they want to receive the full credit and full benefits (money?) for them. They don't want fame, they don't want people to recognize them when they walk down the street, they simply want the credit and the benefits, as they see it as a fair thing to do - after all, the idea was theirs, and selling ideas isn't a thing that they would want to do.

Here's an example: Joe thinks of how to make computer coolers more efficient, and assuming he's got the right tools - he reworks his computer coolers at home. However, he doesn't tell any of his friends about it, nor reveals it at all. He may merely mention that he's made his coolers much more efficient, but nothing more. Eventually, someone told someone, etc., and a guy comes knocking at his door. The guy wants to know how he made the coolers more efficient and if proven, he offers to buy his idea off of him, however he wouldn't receive any credit and would get a one-time huge payment. He refuses the deal because he wouldn't get the credit and he wouldn't get the further benefits (even though the one-time payment covers 10 years of what he'd make from selling those coolers). He also isn't going to make and sell them himself, or patent the idea, as he doesn't have the money to do so. He "hopes" that he will, eventually, be able to patent the idea, start a company and sell the coolers himself. Not to be recognized, known, etc., but because it's his idea and he wants to play with it and control the implementation of it himself.

Which types would those be? Here's what I know, whether it's correct or not: ENTJs want only to make an idea come true, make it practical, maybe even cut some cool feature out because it would cost too much without doing any research about alternatives. ENTPs simply have lots of ideas, and rarely they go as far as implementing them. INTPs seek to deconstruct things, and if they have the idea, they would like to be behind the scenes, maybe getting the credit, maybe not. INTJs don't get many ideas, they can work on one idea all their life, especially if it's something that pays good.

I think this is an extreme misconception. The reason that Ne-doms look like they are the lone fountain from which all ideas are sprung, is because they tend to explode with their thoughts all over the place. I would venture to guess that the reason INTJs can appear to not get many ideas is because they are built to sift through ideas and find the ones that have the best potential. (Still waters run deep.) Whereas Ne-ers rattle off their 100 ideas without the ability to distill them down easily because we want ALL THE THINGS.

INTJs are that tree that falls in the forest when no one is around. Just because there aren't ears to hear doesn't mean that there isn't sound.

Standuble

I agree with Saturned. I believe all the N types could be classified as "types driven by ideas" it's just that in the case of the Ji-dom the Ne is quietened a little so it can fit through the primary function, the Ni-doms have many ideas but eliminate them down to one great idea (completely behind the scenes process) and the Je-doms aim their Ni-workings more at providing real world implementation. The Ne-doms receive the idea labels more because they are unshackled and allowed to run completely loose.

A

Anew Leaf

I wonder, who would have more and more creative and useful ideas - a single ENTP or 3 ISFJs. :D This guy was stating that "any" 3 people will have more ideas than "any" single person. :huh:

You mean Ti and Te. ;)

ENTPs require massive amounts of external stimuli to create their billions of ideas. In theory I think an INTJ, as another N-dom, would actually generate a purer collection of ideas sprung solely from within themselves versus the ENTP.

The purity of being able to create something wholly original within oneself without the taint of others is extremely alluring.

Standuble

I'm saying that there's 8 functions, and Ji/Je ain't in them. Unless you're using some other cognitive function system that I'm not aware of. Ti/Te would make sense by what you said in your previous post.

Oh ok, Ji/Je stands for introverted judging and extroverting judging. Likewise Pi/Pe stands for introverted perceiving and extroverted perceiving. Fi & Ti are Ji functions, Fe & Te are Je functions, Ni & Si are Pi functions and Ne & Se are Pe functions.

A

Anew Leaf

Now I'm wondering, am I stimulated and my ideas come from outside, or from inside. I have unique ideas, but I also have improvement ideas... Hm.

I'm saying that there's 8 functions, and Ji/Je ain't in them. Unless you're using some other cognitive function system that I'm not aware of. Ti/Te would make sense by what you said in your previous post.

Exactly.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Interesting. I've read this about INTPs as well, they say "20s" isn't old enough to decide what you wanna do. I knew what I wanna do since I was 12, and people call me an INTP a lot in the thread in my sig.

And still no comment. :D

I just get a cluser fuck of ideas that it's hard to decide on something. I HATE IT!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
By that I mean people who live to get their ideas out. People who have various ideas and want to see them done, maybe not by them, but they want to receive the full credit and full benefits (money?) for them. They don't want fame, they don't want people to recognize them when they walk down the street, they simply want the credit and the benefits, as they see it as a fair thing to do - after all, the idea was theirs, and selling ideas isn't a thing that they would want to do.

Academics?

I think virtually all people have this thought process. Humans seem to have an innate need to create. Most people have good ideas about things they are interested in, and if they are in a good position to implement them, do so, and desire credit. I'm not convinced this is NT-only.

If this is about your type, INTP. Everything about this thread and your other thread says INTP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im driven by wants and I dont have to many of them in my life. So I just kick back and enjoy things.