User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WALMART

You're silly, to expect an explaination, and you're still INTP.

I'm not Trunks

I got ideas from bigger pictures, as wide as i can see. I'm an innovative person, I can use the ideas in trouble shooting (in my own ways).

Quote Originally Posted by Working On It View Post
    Actually, look up, I came back and finished.
    I see now. Yea, that's a nice team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I don't shy away from recognition, but I'm definately not stuck on it. Having the idea in itself is sufficient for me. I don't even need it to get to fruition per se.

Probably more my enneagram talking though.
    What if you'd come up with an idea, control how it's created, and once it's created - someone else gets the credit. Wouldn't it feel like theft? Or like people like to compare something like this - like losing a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I got ideas from bigger pictures, as wide as i can see. I'm an innovative person, I can use the ideas in trouble shooting (in my own ways).
    Well troubleshooting and what I described is quite different.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    By that I mean people who live to get their ideas out. People who have various ideas and want to see them done, maybe not by them, but they want to receive the full credit and full benefits (money?) for them. They don't want fame, they don't want people to recognize them when they walk down the street, they simply want the credit and the benefits, as they see it as a fair thing to do - after all, the idea was theirs, and selling ideas isn't a thing that they would want to do.

Here's an example: Joe thinks of how to make computer coolers more efficient, and assuming he's got the right tools - he reworks his computer coolers at home. However, he doesn't tell any of his friends about it, nor reveals it at all. He may merely mention that he's made his coolers much more efficient, but nothing more. Eventually, someone told someone, etc., and a guy comes knocking at his door. The guy wants to know how he made the coolers more efficient and if proven, he offers to buy his idea off of him, however he wouldn't receive any credit and would get a one-time huge payment. He refuses the deal because he wouldn't get the credit and he wouldn't get the further benefits (even though the one-time payment covers 10 years of what he'd make from selling those coolers). He also isn't going to make and sell them himself, or patent the idea, as he doesn't have the money to do so. He "hopes" that he will, eventually, be able to patent the idea, start a company and sell the coolers himself. Not to be recognized, known, etc., but because it's his idea and he wants to play with it and control the implementation of it himself.

Which types would those be? Here's what I know, whether it's correct or not: ENTJs want only to make an idea come true, make it practical, maybe even cut some cool feature out because it would cost too much without doing any research about alternatives. ENTPs simply have lots of ideas, and rarely they go as far as implementing them. INTPs seek to deconstruct things, and if they have the idea, they would like to be behind the scenes, maybe getting the credit, maybe not. INTJs don't get many ideas, they can work on one idea all their life, especially if it's something that pays good.
    I think this is an extreme misconception. The reason that Ne-doms look like they are the lone fountain from which all ideas are sprung, is because they tend to explode with their thoughts all over the place. I would venture to guess that the reason INTJs can appear to not get many ideas is because they are built to sift through ideas and find the ones that have the best potential. (Still waters run deep.) Whereas Ne-ers rattle off their 100 ideas without the ability to distill them down easily because we want ALL THE THINGS.

INTJs are that tree that falls in the forest when no one is around. Just because there aren't ears to hear doesn't mean that there isn't sound.

I agree with Saturned. I believe all the N types could be classified as "types driven by ideas" it's just that in the case of the Ji-dom the Ne is quietened a little so it can fit through the primary function, the Ni-doms have many ideas but eliminate them down to one great idea (completely behind the scenes process) and the Je-doms aim their Ni-workings more at providing real world implementation. The Ne-doms receive the idea labels more because they are unshackled and allowed to run completely loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I think this is an extreme misconception. The reason that Ne-doms look like they are the lone fountain from which all ideas are sprung, is because they tend to explode with their thoughts all over the place. I would venture to guess that the reason INTJs can appear to not get many ideas is because they are built to sift through ideas and find the ones that have the best potential. (Still waters run deep.) Whereas Ne-ers rattle off their 100 ideas without the ability to distill them down easily because we want ALL THE THINGS.

INTJs are that tree that falls in the forest when no one is around. Just because there aren't ears to hear doesn't mean that there isn't sound.
    I wonder, who would have more and more creative and useful ideas - a single ENTP or 3 ISFJs. This guy was stating that "any" 3 people will have more ideas than "any" single person.

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I agree with Saturned. I believe all the N types could be classified as "types driven by ideas" it's just that in the case of the Ji-dom the Ne is quietened a little so it can fit through the primary function, the Ni-doms have many ideas but eliminate them down to one great idea (completely behind the scenes process) and the Je-doms aim their Ni-workings more at providing real world implementation. The Ne-doms receive the idea labels more because they are unshackled and allowed to run completely loose.
    You mean Ti and Te.

Anew Leaf

I wonder, who would have more and more creative and useful ideas - a single ENTP or 3 ISFJs. This guy was stating that "any" 3 people will have more ideas than "any" single person.

You mean Ti and Te.
    ENTPs require massive amounts of external stimuli to create their billions of ideas. In theory I think an INTJ, as another N-dom, would actually generate a purer collection of ideas sprung solely from within themselves versus the ENTP.

The purity of being able to create something wholly original within oneself without the taint of others is extremely alluring.

You mean Ti and Te.
    Do I? If you're referring to my decision to use "Ji-dom" and "Je-dom" then I am not because I am not excluding Fi and Fe users. Or are you referring to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    ENTPs require massive amounts of external stimuli to create their billions of ideas. In theory I think an INTJ, as another N-dom, would actually generate a purer collection of ideas sprung solely from within themselves versus the ENTP.

The purity of being able to create something wholly original within oneself without the taint of others is extremely alluring.
    Now I'm wondering, am I stimulated and my ideas come from outside, or from inside. I have unique ideas, but I also have improvement ideas... Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Do I? If you're referring to my decision to use "Ji-dom" and "Je-dom" then I am not because I am not excluding Fi and Fe users. Or are you referring to something else?
    I'm saying that there's 8 functions, and Ji/Je ain't in them. Unless you're using some other cognitive function system that I'm not aware of. Ti/Te would make sense by what you said in your previous post.

I'm saying that there's 8 functions, and Ji/Je ain't in them. Unless you're using some other cognitive function system that I'm not aware of. Ti/Te would make sense by what you said in your previous post.
    Oh ok, Ji/Je stands for introverted judging and extroverting judging. Likewise Pi/Pe stands for introverted perceiving and extroverted perceiving. Fi & Ti are Ji functions, Fe & Te are Je functions, Ni & Si are Pi functions and Ne & Se are Pe functions.