• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what you seek from psychology?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
having plenty different kind of people gathering to seek something from psychology, each with their complex set of attributes that form the self..

So, why are _you_ here?

I tell you why im here.. Im here to discover myself. Or so i would like to think, knowing full well how this too has became just another distraction from the internal me. -.-

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Self discovery and also to connect with others who are interested in typology. :D

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
To get a better understanding of others, to discover myself, and to learn to manipulate people better.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Self discovery and also to connect with others who are interested in typology. :D

Wtf? You're an ENTP 2w3 who's an SX dom? That's pretty interesting.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

Is this the exotic personality-typed individual that you were telling me about from PerC?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this the exotic personality-typed individual that you were telling me about from PerC?

he is. if you talk to him, his Ne, Ti, Fe and 2w3-ishness are all obvious

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

i would like to rationalize you: "rare" combinations are an illusion caused by the higher likelihood of certain combos to gather at certain places.

I know an esfp 5w8, and the same results repeat, that i meet equally much "rare" irl as .. Wait, i actually meet in many types, less the ones common here in webs.

Motivations take similarly motivated to same places.

G

garbage

Because psychology is one of the most important fields of study, in my completely biased opinion. Our motivations drive everything that we do--might as well understand ours and each others'.

MBTI provides a pretty good vocabulary and a rough framework, at least. With it and other tools, you can kinda fit 'vibes' to words.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
i would like to rationalize you: "rare" combinations are an illusion caused by the higher likelihood of certain combos to gather at certain places.

I know an esfp 5w8, and the same results repeat, that i meet equally much "rare" irl as .. Wait, i actually meet in many types, less the ones common here in webs.

Motivations take similarly motivated to same places.

No, they are not. You can pretty much go to any MBTI/enneagram places and you will usually see the same combinations occurring within the same types. If you believe your above statement then you are a fool.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ultimate goal of psychology is the complete mastery of mind over the masses!
:evilgenius::vader1:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, they are not. You can pretty much go to any MBTI/enneagram places and you will usually see the same combinations occurring within the same types. If you believe your above statement then you are a fool.

*audibly laughing, and trying to slow down to breath*

yuuHHhmm.. =) ... Didnt i just point out the obviousness of how humans motivations affect their locations seeked? I would never waste my time in any sort of western styled money making carnival, if i want _answers_.. I find people, i watch them, and build my framework further onto higher levels. Otherwise? Im just spending my time in some pseudo-learning activities such as this. Theories cant be learned without first discovering the aspects of reality in need of framing.

Words are empty of knowledge. They only distort you if you dont poses the information which requires dissimilation.

On the previous topic: its definate some times are more favourable to certain combinations, yet i definately doubt a baby\child can know what motivations would grant success in the big picture(larger than growing environment)

so yes, you are referring to just one another pop psychology phenomena, and as such you find precisely same kind of people considering the pop category is shared.

Not to mention how the stereotypes distort and some enneas look entirely different on each type, which people forget often.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
*audibly laughing, and trying to slow down to breath*

yuuHHhmm.. =) ... Didnt i just point out the obviousness of how humans motivations affect their locations seeked? I would never waste my time in any sort of western styled money making carnival, if i want _answers_.. I find people, i watch them, and build my framework further onto higher levels. Otherwise? Im just spending my time in some pseudo-learning activities such as this. Theories cant be learned without first discovering the aspects of reality in need of framing.

Words are empty of knowledge. They only distort you if you dont poses the information which requires dissimilation.

On the previous topic: its definate some times are more favourable to certain combinations, yet i definately doubt a baby\child can know what motivations would grant success in the big picture(larger than growing environment)

so yes, you are referring to just one another pop psychology phenomena, and as such you find precisely same kind of people considering the pop category is shared.

Not to mention how the stereotypes distort and some enneas look entirely different on each type, which people forget often.

What you just said makes zero sense. I can provide you with sources that prove my point if you would like.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What you just said makes zero sense. I can provide you with sources that prove my point if you would like.

your sources are contaminated.

By my experience, the most common type is intj. Second infj. Makes sense? Well i know where we Ni doms gravitate to, so yes statistics dont work.
I know theres a mass of sensors, and im happy in my seclusion of such kind.

Third most common would be estj or entp.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Wasted effort.

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.

your sources are contaminated.

By my experience, the most common type is intj. Second infj. Makes sense? Well i know where we Ni doms gravitate to, so yes statistics dont work.
I know theres a mass of sensors, and im happy in my seclusion of such kind.

Third most common would be estj or entp.

In the MBTI sites, the most common type would probably be INTJ or INFJ, but that's not a statistic that is taking the whole world into consideration. However, they have actually done studies of the mass population, and the population is dominated by sensors.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.

In the MBTI sites, the most common type would probably be INTJ or INFJ, but that's not a statistic that is taking the whole world into consideration. However, they have actually done studies of the mass population, and the population is dominated by sensors.

Agreeing.