• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe put-downs

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
it depends on what you are stabbing the friend with.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Real friends let you stab them.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not saying you have, but I've known other ENFJs to do exactly this: they will "cause a scene" in public to get their point across by namely trying to shame the other person. I've always considered this an extreme example of Fe gone awry. Not every Fe user does this, but the one's who do have gone to the dark side with it.

Yeah, my coworker did this once when he got really mad. He wouldn't shut up about it the entire day. Given, someone else really had been really insensitive, but I don't think she meant to, she was actually trying to protect him. I guess to my Te it was really frustrating though, I was like can we just please address this issue or drop it... I don't care which, but choose one and stop making us all miserable...

AntiheroComplex said:
Real friends don't stab you at all.

Or, at least, the best friends try to help you see your blind spots while not harming you in the process...

I do think this is something Fe doms are very good at. They help people change their destructive behavior.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
We came around to a full stabby circle. :wubbie:

Indeed! This is proof that not only do brilliant Fe and Fi minds think alike, they share the same reference material as well.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indeed! This is proof that not only do brilliant Fe and Fi minds think alike, they share the same reference material as well.

Thats a scary thought...nothing against you, just scary with the Fe I know.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
"Your momma so fat, she must be a really great cook."

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Please explain the anomaly here.

That's what I am trying to figure out as well. Maybe it's also in relation to an enneagram type thing with people that are social first in their instinct variant stacking?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not saying you have, but I've known other ENFJs to do exactly this: they will "cause a scene" in public to get their point across by namely trying to shame the other person. I've always considered this an extreme example of Fe gone awry. Not every Fe user does this, but the one's who do have gone to the dark side with it.

Here's a good example of "shit side of Fe"

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I know stress isn't pretty on Fe. I've learned when Fe becomes a maniac, it would mean a lot if you would just say, "I'm sorry." Or say something that indicates you care about what happened.

Once someones' "caring" is questioned, nothing they could ever do or say could be enough to convince the ENFJ that they do care.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Once someones' "caring" is questioned, nothing they could ever do or say could be enough to convince the ENFJ that they do care.
Earlier in the week, Fidelia wrote a great post explaining Fe and similar misperceptions. It's in the Fe vs Fi thread. I hope you'll read it. :)

G

garbage

Oh. Oh, God. What an overreaction on his part. :doh:

But perhaps it was also Fe that rectified the situation, too. Y'all can be the judge.

Ah, it solved a problem that it itself caused. Fantastic.
Earlier in the week, Fidelia wrote a great post explaining Fe and similar misperceptions. It's in the Fe vs Fi thread. I hope you'll read it. :)
If anyone can find this, please link it. Or, I will if I'm not too lazy.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
If anyone can find this, please link it. Or, I will if I'm not too lazy.
Here's one of the quotes. Everything Fidelia said in the thread was excellent.

I don't think you are hating on Fe. I find these kind of threads really interesting because I like to know what things look like from an outsider's perspective. If it's any comfort, one thing I've found is that the more the person is willing to take responsibility for their part in what went wrong, the more comfort that the Fe person is prepared to offer. Their lecturing is not an attempt to make you feel even more terrible than you already do, but rather is them being afraid that you don't understand where things went off the rails. Once they know that you know that, then they are going to focus on how to make you feel better. Again, it's not so much a matter of attributing blame (which to me seems kind of pointless after the fact), but rather trying to change the outcome for next time by figuring out where things fell apart and how it could be changed for next time.

I realized as I was reading through here that both 21% and I feel much better (and more closure) when we have a problem with someone if we can both agree on what happened and why and then come up with a course of action to avoid it the next time. Then the uncomfortable feelings dissipate on their own. Without doing this, it feels like the situation is just left hanging and unresolved and the same thing could blow up again without warning. What I'm hearing from the Fi side is that their sense of closure is provided by being able to explore the feeling side of things first (in a safe environment) or have time to work it out on their own and then the course of action to take naturally becomes apparent. Maybe Fe and Fi start with the opposite ends of the problem.

In the same way, Te wants to take action first and then discuss from there, while Ti wants the whole system figured out before embarking on any course of action. In that case, I don't like embarking on a course of action until I can see where it is going to end up and if it makes sense as a whole, rather than improvising as I go. Is there a correlate from a Fe/Fi perspective?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58869&p=1970678&viewfull=1#post1970678

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58869&p=1970702&viewfull=1#post1970702

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58869&p=1970722&viewfull=1#post1970722

Permabanned

That's not Fe, that's just retarded self-righteous narcissism. His castle, and the loyal subjects subscribe to the doctrine, so that's their prerogative.