• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type flirts the best?

Who the best overall flirt?

• Total voters

heart

heart on fire
I'm surprised no one has said ESFP yet. Maybe they are the most flirtatious of the types rather than the best flirts? But for me personally, charm is the best way to lure me in and from my experience ESFP flirting has tons of that. I'm a sucker for SFP and to some extent NFP flirting

I would tend to think ESFP less inhibited than ESFJ, but ESFJ is going to have the edge because of Fe when they do chose to flirt, but ENFJ would be even better because they can use their N to guess what other people want to see/hear.

So best flirts overall for all types, in my opinion, in order:
ENFJ
ENFP
ESFJ
ESFP
ENTP
ESTP

moonlit_reveries

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Check the back posts - ESFPs were mentioned twice already.

Ah, I was scanning through this post rather quickly and I noticed a lot on NT flirting and must of missed the ESFP stuff in the shuffle.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Best Flirts:

5. ESFP
4. ENFP
3. ESTP
2. ENTP
1. Athenian

Although, I could be biased.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awww, sad tears of an NT clown

What type flirts the best and why? (best as in most "efficient," or most adaptive, or most universal in terms of getting good responses across all types*)

I'm going to say that NTPs are the best flirts. I think flirting has to do with recognizing that boundary between danger and safety and blurring it. NTs are comfortable pushing that boundary (unlike SJs and NFs) and are good at recognizing that boundary because so much of their lives are spent getting burned by it and relying on their analytical mind to navigate social situations. NTs can be very observant and pick up on details in behavior and throw them back in your face. Their language savvy helps them set up punch lines and craft their comments in ways that maximize comedic or ironic impact. They also know big words and can use that to their advantage to set themselves up as intelligent or observant, so people think they're listening to someone witty and interesting, rather than pedantic.

Do other temperaments/types have different flirting styles?

*If anyone knows a good word for this, please PM or rep me. It's killing me.

Heart knows the NFJ love! :D :wubbie:

You're all alone in your opinions, sad sad little quasi-ENTP man. :devil:

redacted

i think ENTPs are the best

edit: on second thought, my little brother is an ENTP and he's definitely got flirting issues :)

it's a self confidence thing.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm often accused of being a flirt, but I'm not trying to flirt, I'm just naturally this charming. :cool:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm often accused of being a flirt, but I'm not trying to flirt, I'm just naturally this charming. :cool:

Well, you ARE a big beef patty with two golden buns. I can see why. :D

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I surprise myself by how awesome of a flirt I am, but I doubt it's the norm for my type.

I vote SP. Why? I don't know.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Interesting. My bro's an ENFJ and is really good. But when the NTP is in the zone, watchthefuckout! /Chris Tucker

Surely your opinion isn't biased. Just because you think you're a good flirt, doesn't mean it's so.

:coffee:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For best overall flirt, it would seem the SPs would fit best. Aren't there different styles of flirting that appeal to different sorts of people? For instance there are different kinds of mental games that appeal to different people, while some focus more on physical communication. Maybe I'm just *off*, but what I would recognize as the most effective flirting in general terms doesn't work on me at all. It looks like a clever ritual in which each person is pressured to play a particular role, say the expected witty thing, and to feign (dis)interest depending on the way the ball was served. Then again, I am a hardcore nerd girl and not exactly a socialite. I tend to avoid games of all sorts - even Parcheesi. Perhaps those extroverted types who are also physically attractive and charming become bored with being able to get just about anyone they want and so they play games to make it more interesting. Such a person would probably be considered the ideal flirt.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Surely your opinion isn't biased. Just because you think you're a good flirt, doesn't mean it's so.

:coffee:
To be sure. There's also a difference between being a big flirt and being a good flirt.

I think for the sake of science female posters of all temperaments should flirt with me, then we can assess the results.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
ESFP by a long shot, maybe ENFX runner-up.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Being cute because you're peculiar doesn't count as good flirting skills :tongue:

No, but twisting people's words into embarrassing confessions and cutting them with your Mach III-sharp wit does.

;)