User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who the best overall flirt?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • NT Rational

12 15.58%
  • SP Artisan

43 55.84%
  • NF Crybaby

27 35.06%
  • SJ Guardian

3 3.90%
  • Athenian

11 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I have to say it, as no one else has, but INFP's, when they stop being so god damn self-conscious, and let their Ne run wild (or drink) are very good flirts --in a cute puppy kind of way but nonetheless.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intense—to love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    What type flirts the best and why? (best as in most "efficient," or most adaptive, or most universal in terms of getting good responses across all types*)

I'm going to say that NTPs are the best flirts. I think flirting has to do with recognizing that boundary between danger and safety and blurring it. NTs are comfortable pushing that boundary (unlike SJs and NFs) and are good at recognizing that boundary because so much of their lives are spent getting burned by it and relying on their analytical mind to navigate social situations. NTs can be very observant and pick up on details in behavior and throw them back in your face. Their language savvy helps them set up punch lines and craft their comments in ways that maximize comedic or ironic impact. They also know big words and can use that to their advantage to set themselves up as intelligent or observant, so people think they're listening to someone witty and interesting, rather than pedantic.

Do other temperaments/types have different flirting styles?

*If anyone knows a good word for this, please PM or rep me. It's killing me.
    NTs the best at flirting? Hahahaha. Good one. Maybe flirting with each other, but with other temperaments? Hell no.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

I think SPs are best at flirting with other sensors and NTs are best at flirting with other intuitives (if we actually try..or even if we don't.. we're damn witty). I was going to say SPs are best, but I couldn't be seduced by one, so why give them that honor?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Meh, flirting is just for people who can't close the deal!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Meh, flirting is just for people who can't close the deal!
    So INTP's are good at flirting.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intense—to love as if each design-hour will be the last.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cerpin_Taxt View Post
    So INTP's are good at flirting.
    You obviously have never heard the infamous, "I'm INTP; flirt harder!" line.

you'll learn.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Obviously an extrovert would be best because they are focused outside themselves so much that they are more aware of all the options (ideas, words to use, tactics, etc.).

Feelers are just plain better at noticing the mood and emotional level of the people around them, so they're more able to adjust quickly if something isn't working. Doubly so if the F is an extrovert.

N's are probably more likely to flirt "accidentally"; surely more naturally.
    SP's have their lines they use, but then, that's because it works for them.
    A J might naturally have a bit more confidence.

So I say:

#1 - ENFJ
    #2 - ENFP
    #3 - ESFP
    #4 - ESFJ

MBTI
    ENTP

No offense to ENFJs, but why the hell do you people love them so much? How can you automatically equate dominant Fe with great flirting skills?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    No offense to ENFJs, but why the hell do you people love them so much? How can you automatically equate dominant Fe with great flirting skills?
    It may be annoying to us but most people love to be catered to. They're able to detect what people feel and want most, and automatically do it.

Edit: and I can't say I love them. I can rarely spend much time with any J's.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    Obviously an extrovert would be best because they are focused outside themselves so much that they are more aware of all the options (ideas, words to use, tactics, etc.).

Feelers are just plain better at noticing the mood and emotional level of the people around them, so they're more able to adjust quickly if something isn't working. Doubly so if the F is an extrovert.

N's are probably more likely to flirt "accidentally"; surely more naturally.
    SP's have their lines they use, but then, that's because it works for them.
    A J might naturally have a bit more confidence.

So I say:

#1 - ENFJ
    #2 - ENFP
    #3 - ESFP
    #4 - ESFJ
    Ah yes, this I am familiar with.