• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If a personality type/style truly inspires you, what does it mean?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Santtu said:
Do the personality descriptions allow a person to find themselves (if they've lost themselves) or are they just material for idolization?

IMO, identity is partially created and partially wired. We in part choose who we want to be, what we want to shape ourselves towards... probably, if something resonates with us, it appeals to our wired identity to begin with. Then we can also work to cultivate it.

In other words, in my opinion, there is no "faking" a type. You can temporarily try out different external identities but you simply never can be anything you're not.

Little_Sticks

IMO, identity is partially created and partially wired. We in part choose who we want to be, what we want to shape ourselves towards... probably, if something resonates with us, it appeals to our wired identity to begin with. Then we can also work to cultivate it.

In other words, in my opinion, there is no "faking" a type. You can temporarily try out different external identities but you simply never can be anything you're not.

What happens when life burns those wires out and you, wanting to survive the best you can, rewire them so that they don't? Then who are you? Someone else?
What happens when you take it a step further and learn how to rewire as a skill? Then who are you? No one and everyone?
Or maybe someone would say...it was already there, anyway.

Or uh, maybe this is insanity?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think this is one of those threads where Santtu is having a soliloquy, looks in the mirror, and tells himself and everyone how great he is.

Don't worry Santtu, you already reached the epitome of human perfection, there is no question about it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What happens when life burns those wires out and you, wanting to survive the best you can, rewire them so that they don't? Then who are you? Someone else?
What happens when you take it a step further and learn how to rewire as a skill? Then who are you? No one and everyone?
Or maybe someone would say...it was already there, anyway.

Or uh, maybe this is insanity?

Maybe it's too easy, but I still think the answer is you can never be anything but yourself. If you feel uncomfortable a certain way, then you will necessarily change. Homeostasis will always bring you back to who you "are".

Little_Sticks

Maybe it's too easy, but I still think the answer is you can never be anything but yourself. If you feel uncomfortable a certain way, then you will necessarily change. Homeostasis will always bring you back to who you "are".

You know, there is a question that always makes me speechless; it is probably the most equivocal type of question I've ever found and to entertain the thought makes me feel somewhat sick. All somebody has to do is ask "Who are you?" and suddenly I feel quite insane, I want to be insane. It makes me want to crawl out of my body.

How can people ask this question so nonchalant? I do not understand at all. I do not seem to have normal fears. I don't think I'm schizophrenic, but these things do not let me really feel human... What does it feel like to be able to answer the question? I'd like to imagine what it would feel like, but I just don't know anything about it to begin with. I guess this is not good, but I don't think I can know that unless I can first answer the question.

I'm sure this sounds very creepy, but will you tell me?