User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Default Typing Others: Tests, Tips, Tricks, What to Look For?

I can sometimes type people with astonishing accuracy, but at other times it's a total mystery to me. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm marginally well-read on MBTI as well as the enneagram. What are some online test links that you swear by? I know some of them are probably less reliable than others. The sample RHETI seems legit for enneagram testing. Not so sure about MBTI tests...

Any tricks for being able to pick out dominant functions easily?

♕ ENFP ♡ 7w6 sx/sp ♕

Banned

Dash some holy water in the face of people that you meet and you'll know.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Sassy INTJ alert ;-)
    ♕ ENFP ♡ 7w6 sx/sp ♕

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

i have both an iPhone mbti app and the shamelessness to ask everyone around me to take the test.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Which app? I do the same thing with the RHETI...hehe
    ♕ ENFP ♡ 7w6 sx/sp ♕

Riva

It's best to note people (popular cultural types) who are typed in certain ways (that doesn't create much controversy), observe their behaviour, body language etc and then slowly relate those attributes to the characters you with to type. This is rather an experienced way to type people. but then again this method might encourage stereotyping.

You could also 1st start typing people by their E,I,N,S,F,T,J,P types rather than going to Ni, Si, Ne, etc terms. This ways one could have a hunch on N vs S and T Vs F. After that one could go for the other two functions which might be hard if you are typing IxxJ Vs IxxPs. If they are extroverted it might be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentF View Post
    i have both an iPhone mbti app and the shamelessness to ask everyone around me to take the test.

This is the best method I would say. But then again it is rare that people get the results right the 1st time itself I assume. As I recall I got ENTJ the 1st time I did the test. It made sense though I realized that the ENTJ descriptions gives the vibe of scaring poeple off and I am a bit too laid back for that particular description. Irrespective of these doubts I didn't question it since I didn't realize the results (theory) was so complicated (or widely studied). But after doing the test again and readi.......... what on earth am I doing talking about myself?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

i use Personality Test as well as Know Yourself and play around with the Personality app.

still waiting for an app developer to create a more comprehensive test. i am usually accurate within a letter from dialogue; i mainly use the above when i'm stuck on one of their functions.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Intentions, what are their reasons for being here, what do they want to learn, and how do they go about introducing themselves and asserting themselves to that end.

That's one of the less 'pure' Ne ways I look for when typing people on this forum.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

here is an example of typical ENFP behavior:

j/k, but her expression, especially @2min screams ENFP, that eye brow raise and overall expression. dunno why, but all ENFPs(and none of other types) i have met has similar expressions than she does, ofc those expressions arent on all the time.

online tests never work with 100% accuracy since they are not measuring how people use their brains, but ask things only vaguely related to type. not to mention that people often dont know themselves all that well and more often mix their persona with the actual personality.

i dont think there are any general rules how to type people fast and accurately, usually it depends on the person. some people i just cant figure out, some i can spot in a second(like female ENFPs most the time and an INFJ once), some i start by looking whether the person seems E or I, others TJ is very apparent etc etc
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

^ how dare you? (that reminded me of myself within the first 5')

there is a soundtrack in our heads, people. and the set list involves a horrifying blend of ABBA, Prince and teen pop that we are powerless i tell you, powerless to mute!

*sobs into Tickle Me Elmo© doll*
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.