User Tag List

First 12

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Intentions, what are their reasons for being here, what do they want to learn, and how do they go about introducing themselves and asserting themselves to that end.

That's one of the less 'pure' Ne ways I look for when typing people on this forum.
    What intentions, reasons, etc. would correspond to which type in your opinion?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Usually if you're unsure the best method is to ask about how their mind works and connect the thoughts to a function.

Just my subjective observations here, and I apologize for this text having no structure at all.

Knowing the function orders is a must, and knowing "how the functions think" is a must. No single clue is enough to tell someones type, look for several, the more the better.

General softness in someones voice or the way he/she looks at someone else may mean the person is more likely to be an F, lack of emotion or might mean T. Always context dependant, T's might be emotional and so on. Just generally speaking though, ESFJ's smile more than ISTJ's when they talk to people, you can't deny that. Fe expects reactions, like a thank you after being handed coffee. Fi is more contained, Fi users have a non threathening dreamy look to themselves, sometimes, but more often than other types, although Ni has it's own dreamy look, or then it's just INFJ's, or a particular INFJ, oh god I'm so lonely. Te does things, expects things done, Ti thinks "If things would be done, they would be done."

Look for how often a person suddenly "looks into emptiness" (the moment when people think about something or remember things), length is important too. Sensors I've found look less often and for longer, Intuitives more often and for a shorter periods of time, Ne and Se eyes do it in a more "bubbly" fashion and Ni and Si eyes seem to look "deeper". Never trust eyes alone, NEVER, but they sometimes give out so much about N and S. I've noticed sensors use more proverbs, (might be culture spesific, I'm from Finland) and intuitives tend to use them as a joke or something similar.

Listen to the words people use and what they say. Intuitives leave more blanks, they say alot with what is left unsaid. Sensors are more prone to wanting to know what happened where with who involved. Intuitives seem to generally speak more quickly, individual differencies everywhere though.

Look for functions other than the dominant, or functions acting through or with the help of the dominant. ISTJ's Ne isn't really different from ENFP Ne, both are whacky but the ISTJ tends to use Ne for the things and ideas he acquires through the Si Te filter, opposed to ENFP Ne applying for about everything in life it being the first function.

Watch the persons posture, how long he looks other people in the eyes, where he positions himself in a room, does the person open up straight away when approached or seem contained, does his general behaviour seem bubbly, careless, anything. Try to attach anything anyone does to a function, or think "what function would've caused that". Everything gives away something, hunches are good, wrong more often than I'd like, but hunches are good.

Anew Leaf

I tend to layer my approach.

The first is always a rudimentary cut in the marble. It's very black and white and I just see where they may fall on each spectrum separate from functions. Just I v E, N v S, etc.

Then I observe and interact with them without doing anything to influence their thoughts in a direction I wish them to go overtly. This usually involves me being Ne and playful. Most Ne-dom/auxes will pick this up quickly and start batting the Ne ping pong ball back at me. I have so much Ne, I typically outlast Ne-doms, so it's a decent gauge of their I/E scale. If they enjoy what I am saying but aren't batting a ball back and instead are asking me questions, then it is usually an indication of a Ni-er.

Another good layer is, has this person tried to hug me within the first 5 minutes of meeting me? (Fe dom/aux ) Do they want to hug me only at the end of a decently long interaction series? (Fe-tert/inf). Or do they respect my space? (why hello Fi).

Want to test for J/P? Throw a dirty sock on the floor. Or make plans and see what they do in response.

si dom test: ask them what time it is. (Time= 7:07 in this example.) If they answer "7:07", you have Si on your hands. If you get "around 7' then they are probably ni. If you get "what is time? ooh, do you think time could be a fruit?" then they are an INFP.

another layer might just be what vibe I get from interacting with them.

another layer is asking prompting questions to discern their inner workings as much as one is able to.

the end.

MBTI
    STP

I just go about life normally. There type will reveal over time. I am really not that interested in type, nor do I put much effort in looking at all the nitty gritty details or testing people, or throwing balls at them. Nor do I really care to slam there balls out of this world just because they were chunked at my head.

edit :
    Im out, its been fun

Glycerine

I take a global approach on the patterns of behavior I see in people and try to figure out the intentions/motivations behind it all. It's like finding the common thread in a complex story.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I tend to layer my approach.

The first is always a rudimentary cut in the marble. It's very black and white and I just see where they may fall on each spectrum separate from functions. Just I v E, N v S, etc.

Then I observe and interact with them without doing anything to influence their thoughts in a direction I wish them to go overtly. This usually involves me being Ne and playful. Most Ne-dom/auxes will pick this up quickly and start batting the Ne ping pong ball back at me. I have so much Ne, I typically outlast Ne-doms, so it's a decent gauge of their I/E scale. If they enjoy what I am saying but aren't batting a ball back and instead are asking me questions, then it is usually an indication of a Ni-er.

Another good layer is, has this person tried to hug me within the first 5 minutes of meeting me? (Fe dom/aux ) Do they want to hug me only at the end of a decently long interaction series? (Fe-tert/inf). Or do they respect my space? (why hello Fi).

Want to test for J/P? Throw a dirty sock on the floor. Or make plans and see what they do in response.

si dom test: ask them what time it is. (Time= 7:07 in this example.) If they answer "7:07", you have Si on your hands. If you get "around 7' then they are probably ni. If you get "what is time? ooh, do you think time could be a fruit?" then they are an INFP.

another layer might just be what vibe I get from interacting with them.

another layer is asking prompting questions to discern their inner workings as much as one is able to.

the end.
    Ne dom uses Ne less as a supporting function and more as a leading function. Meaning...while it is playful it is in the lead and not used as much to actually gather information. They are more likely tto follow there Ne instead of use it like a tool as you do. So what you learn through inspection they learn thrrough trial and error and screw ups. Thats one difference between EP vs IP. As an IP we gather more information.

One thing you will notice behind ENFPs facade(outter appearance) is that behind itt you will find insecurity because they screwed up from not thinking/feeling things through. This comes out in different ways. Sometimes as an attck on others and sometimes it comes out for what it is.
    Im out, its been fun

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I do usually give the specific time.

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Ne dom uses Ne less as a supporting function and more as a leading function. Meaning...while it is playful it is in the lead and not used as much to actually gather information. They are more likely tto follow there Ne instead of use it like a tool as you do. So what you learn through inspection they learn thrrough trial and error and screw ups.
    This is so accurate, I learn by mostly by trying new things and seeing what works.