First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    It seems to me an introvert would be more likely to not use a computer.
    It seems to me this is a very strange perception.

figsfiggyfigs

No, it is absolutely not po

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    It seems to me this is a very strange perception.
    My best friend for 4 years was an INTJ, and he always told me how if his computer blew up he'd just go do something else. Anecdotal evidence of course, and 1 introvert != all introverts, but it's just my personal experience with an introvert I know very well.

From what I gather; introverts are focused internally, so they get their pleasure from themselves rather than other people. This means that the Internet isn't crucial to them because the Internet by and large is an interpersonal communication medium.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm not that fond of Facebook, and I am an extravert and I'm social first. I hate the fact that it gives others the ability to view so much about your private life that you may not want them to see. For example, back in the day, one could get drunk at a party and do stupid shit, and it would just between you and the people that you drank with. However, now-a-days everyone just wants to take pics/vids of it and put it on Facebook for the world to see, and that just pisses me off.

I don't have facebook so some of these stories of facebook "incidents" and "social rituals" are kind of interesting. People mingle and dance with one another so easily. There was a time where I envied that, the social ease. I'm still in my early 20's, but I feel like a grumpy old man.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I used to be active on Facebook 2 years ago but I have not used it now for ages.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I like Facebook for stalking other people but I'm not a huge fan of interacting on it, short of with very close friends. I mostly use it for the sake of my photo albums and the timeline feature, it's like free barebones scrapbooking for lazy people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Because they're still getting energized by people, just in a different way? It seems to me an introvert would be more likely to not use a computer.
    Yes, it is a way of being energized by people, but what I find is that a lot of them (E's) prefer face-to-face interaction instead, so don't have have time for it.

I like it (and online in general), as an introvert who is nevertheless people-focused (That's the other dimension of temperament besides I/E), because it is a way to interact without having to deal with the awkwardness of face-to-face interaction.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Because they're still getting energized by people, just in a different way? It seems to me an introvert would be more likely to not use a computer.

I know no introverts who wouldn't use a computer and internet. None.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

garbage

On the other hand, it's good as an event coordinator, an RSS-like feed reader for organizations/websites, and as a 'discussion forum' with friends who live across the globe kinda like TypoC.