User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default How did you find out about MBTI?

The title says it all really, but if you were introduced to MBTI by a person (as opposed to, say, stumbling across it online), please add what type that person was.

My employer at the time, an ENTJ psychologist, told me about the typology and suggested I take the humanmetrics test. I think she almost regretted it afterwards since I wouldn't shut up about type from then on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

To use your words, I stumbled across it online. I was feeling particularly low during revisions period, wondering why I was different from all the students who seemed to find motivation out of nowhere and feeling like my quest was deeper, more meaningful. I more or less guessed that there should be a personality system out there and started googling. I think I first found the test on similarminds.com.

I was intrigued by the description and later astounded by Paul James's INTP profile. The first days I was restless, doing more tests, learning about the dynamics, the other types, learning about enneagrams, Big 5, Oldham, etc... I think I joined INTP Central the same week I learned about MBTI. Of course it was a great way to stifle the discomfort of not studying for the upcoming exam.

MBTI
    ESFJ

My INFJ Sociology teacher makes all of his students take it. He got me really into it, we would type EVERYTHING.. characters from movies, etc. Good stuff.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedbless View Post
    My INFJ Sociology teacher makes all of his students take it. He got me really into it, we would type EVERYTHING.. characters from movies, etc. Good stuff.
    ^& then it passed onto me...

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 04:19 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I had a Math teacher, probably ENFJ, who gave me the test in the 9th grade. She also had everybody reading their totem animals at a retreat, which had some of the parents a bit upset.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Bumped into it randomly while surfing online.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It was part of the informal getting to know you curiculum my dad put together for me after we met each other almost ten years ago. He also made me read The Ugly American and watch Full Metal Jacket. My dad believes himself to be an ESTJ, but I think he's probably an ISTP. He's a pretty cool guy. I hope my mom wasn't lying about his being my dad. I'd be pretty disappointed.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

mmm I really can't remember how I found out about it, I must have been browsing the internet one day and come across this test that was MBTI. I remember buying this book back in 2004 Please Understand Me II so I must have taken the test in 2003. Oh...mmm.. nevermind...I did join a few forums after that in 2k4 tho, and did some posting then spent a couple years away from MBTI cause I felt it was limiting my growth. I move beyond at my own pace then came back to check it out again--and minus a few months here-and-there, here I am : )

oh, I guess as some other people said, I had an inclination to try to explore and accept the possibilities of my F-side alot more than how I was approaching it then. My mother is a big SF, so she is in part a motivation : )

MBTI
    ENTJ

A great and wise INTP "mentor" was curious about my personality and proposed me to take the MBTI test. He said the result confirmed his suspicions