User Tag List

First 1234 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I was directed to INTPc by someone I knew online and learned about MBTI there. It was in Dec I think.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I was introduced to it when they tested everyone where I worked. I was about 21 at the time. I tested as INTP, but I was still strongly in denial about my F side back then. So I read the profile and thought "Well...sorta but not really". I then read the INFP profile and was nailed. So I read and reread that profile for a few weeks and then let it slide, since so few people were interested in talking about it. This is partly, I suspect, because Ss tend not to get too excited by their profiles for whatever reason.
    I've often wondered what it's like when they test everyone at a workplace. In your experience, was it a waste of time and money, or did people actually learn something from it?

MBTI
    ISFJ

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Didn't think much of it at the time until the past couple of years when my SO got into it and started edjumacating me about it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think I stumbled across it originally online (probably with Keirsey's site, and Joe Butts) somewhere in the mid/late 90's... but around the same time I became friends with an ENFJ about ten years older than me, and she was very well-acquainted with MBTI, so that just fueled my interest.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I took a little questionnaire in my high school English class in my senior year.

It wasn't a real one, but it was one of those where you had a box of I and E preferences and so forth (single box for S, N, T, F, J, P preferences, too, of course), where I had to check the box to see which one describes me better based on the set of words in each box -- it was like the thing in Do What You Are. I think I was INTJ then, too.

I stumbled across it again when I took the Career Personality Test at Tickle.com, again I scored INTJ the first time, but sometimes I come out INTP.

But then one day I came across David Keirsey's description of the INFP and found that I totally identified with what he said (that INFP children have very active fantasy lives), but not totally with his description of the INTJ or INTP. And so began my quest of self-knowledge...

I'm normally interested in one thing at a time and research it obsessively, then I'll go to another interest which I will passionately pursue for a while.

The way I pursue my interests is like a circle, I follow a roundabout path of interests but go back to what I was interested in at the start, and then I'll go around the circle again, and so forth. Of course, when I develop a brand new interest, the circle becomes more like a Spirograph doodle, where the circle deviates from the original path but will eventually come back to the original.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The way I pursue my interests is like a circle, I follow a roundabout path of interests but go back to what I was interested in at the start, and then I'll go around the circle again, and so forth. Of course, when I develop a brand new interest, the circle becomes more like a Spirograph doodle, where the circle deviates from the original path but will eventually come back to the original.
    Yes, that's the same pattern I follow, whether it is interests or creative outlets. I do one thing for awhile (e.g., drawing, composing music, writing, reading, etc.) obsessively, then become bored and have to move onto one of the other things. Eventually I cycle through them all and start over again, at least in terms of creative output.

I used to be frustrated that I just couldn't do one thing consistently, but I am learning to accept this about myself. The never-ending cycle is just part of how I work.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I've often wondered what it's like when they test everyone at a workplace. In your experience, was it a waste of time and money, or did people actually learn something from it?
    I don't know if it was beneficial for the company. Maybe it affected management decisions. At the level I was working it just made a bit of a buzz for a while as a few N's talked about their profiles and many S's disparaged the whole thing, then everyone pretty much forgot about it.

I found out about it a little over a year ago from my (now) boyfriend not too long after we became friends. He was suspect of me, and at the time was typing people. He gave me the test, and it was quite muddled. I took it one more time, and INTP it was. He was happy -- he's an INTP as well.
    Bringer of mild misfortune and frustration.
    INTP
    5w4
    |R|CUEI

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I don't know if it was beneficial for the company. Maybe it affected management decisions. At the level I was working it just made a bit of a buzz for a while as a few N's talked about their profiles and many S's disparaged the whole thing, then everyone pretty much forgot about it.
    You didn't notice any promotions out of the ordinary or experience any new divisions of responsibility? Incidentally, what kind of company was it and what did your level do (if you don't mind my asking)?

MBTI
    INFP

You didn't notice any promotions out of the ordinary or experience any new divisions of responsibility?
    I think the test was given more in the interests of personal development than anything else. To be honest, I'm not even sure that the results were read by management.

Incidentally, what kind of company was it and what did your level do (if you don't mind my asking)?
    It was an NGO, so it's probably not really representative of typical companies and the way they would use the test and results. NGOs aren't really companies I guess. So if you're looking for how companies would typically use the test you'll probably have to ask someone else.