5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I said thy don't have Fi
    you said "INTPs have Fi but it not dominant."
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    LMAO...INFP vs INTP. Why is it that I would say INFP would whip an INTPs butt leaving it raw and chapped
    Because, the INTP might like it. You know, depending.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Namely, that many of his statements are probably only true (to the extent he states they manifest) based on extreme types. So, it diminishes the application to real-world personalities.
    why do you say that? he speaks great(est) insight to how different types psyche functions and if you take his type descriptions literally, i guess you forgot to read this part: "In the foregoing descriptions I have no desire to give my readers the impression that such pure types occur at all frequently in actual practice. The are, as it were, only Galtonesque family-portraits, which sum up in a cumulative image the common and therefore typical characters, stressing these disproportionately, while the individual features are just as disproportionately effaced." - psychological types; paragraph 666 'the principal and auxiliary functions'

no type description can describe the type accurately, because type is not describable, only how different aspects of type(functions) work can be described.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    jung > mbti/whateverrandoms
    Jung doesn't know how to express himself clearly, it seems, and it's amazing mbti came out of all of that rambling.
    I think he did ok. Of course much is lost in translation.

Jung published his theory of psychological types in 1921. Later, Isabel Briggs Myers developed it into a four letter code in order to "distinguish people" However, Jung objected strongly to this use of his theory, calling it a "nothing but a childish parlour game" and saying that "the classification of individuals means nothing, nothing at all" For example, he said it is wrong to suggest that everyone is either an introvert or an extravert. Rather, everyone has both an introvert side and an extravert side and most people are "fairly well balanced" between the two. Personality is more complex than suggested by a code that has only 16 variations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Of course much is lost in translation.
    i dont have any definite knowledge about this, since i havent read the german version(and dont even understand ger), but Hull(translator of the book) was quite close to jung and if i remember correctly, did the translation work in Switzerland, so jung probably looked after than not too much was lost.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

why do you say that? he speaks great(est) insight to how different types psyche functions and if you take his type descriptions literally, i guess you forgot to read this part: "In the foregoing descriptions I have no desire to give my readers the impression that such pure types occur at all frequently in actual practice. The are, as it were, only Galtonesque family-portraits, which sum up in a cumulative image the common and therefore typical characters, stressing these disproportionately, while the individual features are just as disproportionately effaced." - psychological types; paragraph 666 'the principal and auxiliary functions'

no type description can describe the type accurately, because type is not describable, only how different aspects of type(functions) work can be described.
    I read the part you posted, and that's it, and based on what I read, that's why I said what I said; I'm not claiming to have read the entirety of his writings, because I haven't. Was the above quote in the part you posted? I didn't see it. (and if it is there, well, it was due to his rambling that I didn't see it)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i dont have any definite knowledge about this, since i havent read the german version(and dont even understand ger), but Hull(translator of the book) was quite close to jung and if i remember correctly, did the translation work in Switzerland, so jung probably looked after than not too much was lost.
    I wasn't talking about German -> English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The point of the system is to give a general sense of a personas personality. It's already vague and not INTPs will be the same. But I don't see any point if you insist that you are 3/8 of the whole system.

INTPs have Fi but it not dominant.
    Well, I do. Opinions differ.

I think in regards to your type people just don't see the NT that you are instant that you have. And when you defend it it is an a very NF style.
    That may be true, but the persona I present online and the time I spend on here is a tiny fraction of what I do and how I am in real life, so it is impossible to get an accurate picture of me or any person just from this. And the people who do know me in real life overwhelmingly say I'm more of a thinker. And how, may I ask, would an NT defend their NT-ness? I don't see any other way to do it. I've presented arguments of cognitive functions, I've compared and contrasted things, I've meticulously analyzed myself- what else is there to do? The fact that you or anyone else can't see something that looks like your idea of Ti or NT-style thinking does not mean it's not there.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I read the part you posted, and that's it, and based on what I read, that's why I said what I said; I'm not claiming to have read the entirety of his writings, because I haven't. Was the above quote in the part you posted? I didn't see it. (and if it is there, well, it was due to his rambling that I didn't see it)
    that first quote was from jung lexicon and second was from definitions section of psychological types. i thought you had some idea of what he wrote, since you judged what he wrote..
    — C.G. Jung

Read